Director of Business Development
San Francisco, California /
About the Company:
Named a Forbes Fintech 50, Stronghold’s mission is to improve financial access by powering innovative payment and financial services solutions through our open APIs. We’ve been going deep to lay the underlying rails for modern payments and reach all customers with secure, transparent ways to move money.
We are seeking team players who can evolve with the company as we scale and add new products. We are a team of technologists and industry experts who take a data-driven and innovative approach to solving problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards curiosity and grit.
Stronghold is proud of its SF Bay Area and New Zealand roots and strives to build a diverse team to serve our ecosystem better while staying true to our core values. Our core values are to Be Self Aware, Have Good Judgment, Be Curious, Seek Innovation, Excellent Communication, High Impact, Be Bold, Be Selfless, Be Accountable, Be Honest, and Show Grit.
About the Role:
Stronghold is looking for a highly driven Director of Business Development to join our team and help lead our revenue growth, new go-to-market strategies, and build out and manage our business development, sales, and customer success teams. We are looking for someone who can identify and qualify new customer opportunities, respond to inbound inquiries, and shepherd deals from opening to contract and closing stages. This is an amazing opportunity to join Stronghold in the early stages of our exciting, high-growth journey.
The Business Development team plays a vital role in growing Stronghold's revenue and broadening our portfolio of partnerships. This will inevitably include networking to build relationships, creating "jump off the page" sales presentations, developing commercial and pricing models, contracting and selling, and ultimately being able to build and lead a team that drives the go-to-market success of the company. Key to this role is an ability to understand Stronghold's technology, expertly communicate its benefits, and win the trust of the product, technology teams, and buying structures of our potential partners by conveying the value we can deliver.
You will also need to understand how SaaS and platform technology companies work, and be able to communicate technical and product benefits to a sophisticated technical and developer community as well as commercial and C-suite buyers. Further to this, you will potentially have a network of contacts in the financial services industry and a proven track record of creating go-to-market strategies and closing high-value deals. You will understand the importance of and approach to a consultative Partnership sales methodology and be able to define best-fit solutions for prospects with a flexible commercial approach.
What You'll Do
- Run a Sales Process: From your infancy at Stronghold, you will be expected to lead real customer opportunities through a sales process, from initial engagement and discovery of business needs to pricing discussions to final contract negotiations. At any given time, you may have as many as 20 plus opportunities in various stages of that process.
- Numbers Fanatic: Be obsessed about hitting your numbers and supporting the rest of the Revenue Team in achieving our collective goals for the organization.
- Know the Tech: Quickly get up to speed on Stronghold’s technical capabilities, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge, and credibility about what we bring to our customers.
- Contracting: Work with our legal process as required to shepherd both inbound and outbound opportunities through the contracting process, including negotiation and execution.
- CRM: Own dashboards and reports within our CRM for our team to manage the day-to-day development of Stronghold opportunities in our CRM tool, Hubspot.
What We're Looking For
- In addition to a stellar proven sales career in the payments industry or an industry that provides transferable skills and competencies to the role, we're on the hunt for the following attributes:
- Minimum 8+ years experience in quota-driven, successful sales roles
- Understanding of how to create and optimize the sales cycle from lead to opportunity to live account
- Familiarity and ease with technology, B2B technology applications, and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Strong understanding and willingness to learn about the payments ecosystem
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- Strong network of key contacts in the financial services (Banking), payments market, or blockchain or an ability to demonstrate how to swiftly generate a network that will enable you to exceed targets through generated business
The base salary for this position is $175,000 - 204,777 while taking into consideration factors such as relevant experience, skillset and qualifications for the role, and location. Stronghold currently offers health benefits for eligible employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, Stronghold does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If, and as required by the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or any other applicable federal, state, or local law, Stronghold considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Stronghold also has an accommodation process to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees with disabilities. For more information or if you have a need, contact email@example.com.
**Visa sponsorship is not available at this time. Only applicants who do not require sponsorship will be considered.