Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA or Lehi, UT /
About the Company:
Named a Forbes Fintech 50, Stronghold’s mission is to improve financial access by powering innovative payment and financial services solutions through our open APIs. We’ve been going deep to lay the underlying rails for modern payments and reach all customers with secure, transparent ways to move money.
We are seeking team players who can evolve with the company as we scale and add new products. We are a team of technologists and industry experts who take a data-driven and innovative approach to solving problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards curiosity and grit.
Stronghold is proud of its SF Bay Area and New Zealand roots and strives to build a diverse team to serve our ecosystem better while staying true to our core values. Our core values are to Be Self Aware, Have Good Judgment, Be Curious, Seek Innovation, Excellent Communication, High Impact, Be Bold, Be Selfless, Be Accountable, Be Honest, and Show Grit.
About the Role:
Help us build our financial services platform enabling access to payment ecosystems for more efficient movement of value. Our engineering team is working with distributed ledger protocols as well as traditional payment systems and is focused on building safe, compliant, and useful products to our customers.
Stronghold is looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our engineering team. You will be responsible for continuing the core development of our payments systems and platform API.
Our payments system incorporates traditional payment systems such as ACH and wires in the US with modern APIs and infrastructure. As we continue to meet the needs of underserved businesses we are building end-user (both consumer and business) facing products that our customers are using to empower their businesses.
What You'll Do
- Develop Stronghold's Platform APIs, working on solving payment problems for our enterprise customers and underserved businesses
- Be involved with all aspects of the development process for Platform projects - from vision to final implementation
- Design new Platform functionality with the corresponding APIs for external developers
- Receive, prioritize, and help solve technical problems from Stronghold's Platform API customer base
- Collaborate with the sales team to scope projects during the pre-sale process & work on technical proposals
- Collaborate with the Stronghold team on code review and design, and contribute to best practices across all of the engineering team
What We're Looking For
- You have 4+ years of experience developing software on a team
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or an equivalent experience
- Excellent generalist programming ability. You learn quickly and strive for simplicity
- You're proficient in languages such as Node.js, Ruby or Python
- Experience with building frontend user interfaces, and/or have architected large, single page web applications using frameworks such as React or Angular
- You have experience in supporting production web services at scale
- You're a great communicator that can advocate and lead technical discussions, especially during the design and code review process
- You are knowledgeable of existing frameworks and open source tools and are willing to build new frameworks when open ones do not exist
- You're enthusiastic about working on a small, growing team where you'll be given a lot of autonomy
- You're open, empathetic, and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner
What's Nice to Have
- You have experience working in financial institutions, especially in payments
- Experience working with serverless (AWS Lambda, Google cloud functions), Kubernetes, Gitlab
- Google Cloud platform, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud functions, Cloudflare, Redis, Postgres, Git, Gitlab/Github
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Work Schedule: Getting the job done isn't always 9 to 5. Determine your working hours so you get things done when it works for you and your family
- Stock Options: We offer stock options that align with your equity mindset so you can reach our personal financial goals. Have skin in the game and feel like an owner
- Health Care: We provide options for Health Care that have you and your family covered. From PPOs to HMOs we have something that will work for whatever stage of life you are in
- Hybrid Work Environment: We embrace the hybrid in-office and work-from-home culture.
- Learning Credits: Curiosity and lifelong learning is a core values at Stronghold. We want to provide you with the resources you need to continue to expand and grow as an individual
- Flexible Vacation: We offer flexible vacation so you can get the time-off you need that works for you
The base salary for this position is $180,000 - $194,500 while taking into consideration factors such as relevant experience, skillset and qualifications for the role, and location. Stronghold currently offers health benefits for eligible employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, Stronghold does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If, and as required by the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or any other applicable federal, state, or local law, Stronghold considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Stronghold also has an accommodation process to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees with disabilities. For more information or if you have a need, contact email@example.com.
**Visa sponsorship is not available at this time. Only applicants who do not require sponsorship will be considered.