Director of Revenue
San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
About the Company:
Named a Forbes Fintech 50, Stronghold’s mission is to improve financial access by powering innovative payment and financial services solutions through our open APIs. We’ve been going deep to lay the underlying rails for modern payments and reach all customers with secure, transparent ways to move money.
We are seeking team players who can evolve with the company as we scale and add new products. We are a team of technologists and industry experts who take a data-driven and innovative approach to solving problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards curiosity and grit.
Stronghold is proud of its SF Bay Area and New Zealand roots and strives to build a diverse team to serve our ecosystem better while staying true to our core values. Our core values are to Be Self Aware, Have Good Judgment, Be Curious, Seek Innovation, Excellent Communication, High Impact, Be Bold, Be Selfless, Be Accountable, Be Honest, and Show Grit.
About the Role:
Stronghold is looking for a highly driven Director of Revenue to join our team and help lead our revenue growth, with demand generation, new go-to-market strategies, and build out and manage our business development, channel partnerships, sales, and customer success teams. We are looking for someone who can identify and qualify new customer opportunities, create outbound pipelines and own inbound inquiries, and shepherd deals from opening to contract and closing stages. This is an amazing opportunity to join Stronghold in the early stages of our exciting, high-growth journey.
The Revenue team plays a vital role in growing Stronghold's revenue and broadening our portfolio of partnerships. This will inevitably include networking to build relationships, creating "jump off the page" sales presentations, developing commercial and pricing models, contracting and selling, and ultimately being able to build and lead a team that drives the go-to-market success of the company. Key to this role is an ability to understand Stronghold's technology, expertly communicate its benefits, and win the trust of the product, technology teams, and buying structures of our potential partners by conveying the value we can deliver.
You will also need to understand how developer API platform companies, SaaS, and platform technology companies work, and be able to communicate technical and product benefits to a sophisticated technical and developer community as well as commercial and C-suite buyers. Further to this, you will potentially have a network of contacts in the financial services industry and a proven track record of creating go-to-market strategies and closing high-value deals. You will understand the importance of an approach to a consultative Partnership sales methodology and be able to define best-fit solutions for prospects with a flexible commercial approach.
What You'll Do:
- Full Lifecycle Revenue Management: Oversee not just the sales process, but the entire revenue lifecycle. This includes the initiation of go-to-market strategies, building and leading our business development, channel partnerships, sales, and managing our customer success teams to ensure sustainable revenue growth and relationship management.
- Sales Process and Partnership Strategy: From your early days at Stronghold, lead real customer opportunities through a comprehensive sales process. This includes everything from initial engagement, discovering business needs, pricing discussions, to final contract negotiations. At any given moment, you could be overseeing as many as 20 plus opportunities at various stages.
- Numbers Fanatic: Have a relentless focus on hitting and surpassing your numbers. Support the Revenue Team in achieving our collective targets, ensuring the company's continued growth.
- Technical Acumen: Acquire a deep understanding of Stronghold's technical capabilities. Familiarize yourself with the unique features and benefits our platform provides. Engage in meaningful discussions about our offerings with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, ensuring they understand the value we bring.
- Contracting Expertise: Facilitate both inbound and outbound opportunities through our legal and contracting process. This involves everything from negotiation to the final execution of contracts.
- CRM Management: Own and drive our sales CRM, ensuring that all opportunities are accurately tracked in Hubspot. As the point person, you should be proficient in Hubspot, understanding how to pull reports and analyze data. Collaborate with our revenue operations consultant to deliver the necessary numbers for accurate forecasting and sales evaluations.
What We're Looking For:
- In addition to a stellar proven sales career in the payments industry, developer APIs or an industry that provides transferable skills and competencies to the role, we're on the hunt for the following attributes:
- Minimum 8+ years experience in quota-driven, successful sales roles
- Based out of San Francisco, CA or New York, NY preferred.
- Understanding of how to create and optimize the sales cycle from lead to opportunity to live account
- Familiarity and ease with technology, B2B technology applications, and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Strong understanding and willingness to learn about the payments ecosystem
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- Strong network of key contacts in the financial services (Banking), payments market, or blockchain or an ability to demonstrate how to swiftly generate a network that will enable you to exceed targets through generated business
- High attention to detail in all aspects of the business and the revenue function
- Expected to travel 25% of the year across the US to strengthen business relationships
- Experienced manager with a proven track record of collaborating with Sales Operations, Marketing, Product Marketing, Legal, Analytics, etc.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible Work Schedule: Getting the job done isn't always 9 to 5. Determine your working hours so you get things done when it works for you and your family
- Stock Options: We offer stock options that align with your equity mindset so you can reach our personal financial goals. Have skin in the game and feel like an owner
- Health Care: We provide options for Health Care that have you and your family covered. From PPOs to HMOs we have something that will work for whatever stage of life you are in
- Hybrid Work Environment: We embrace the hybrid in-office and work-from-home culture.
- Learning Credits: Curiosity and lifelong learning are core values at Stronghold. We want to provide you with the resources you need to continue to expand and grow as an individual
- Flexible Vacation: We offer flexible vacation so you can get the time-off you need that works for you
* Please note that this position is temporary for 90 days and then may transition to regular full time.
The base salary for this position is $215,000 - $240,000 while taking into consideration factors such as relevant experience, skills and qualifications for the role, and location. Stronghold currently offers health benefits for eligible employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, Stronghold does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If, and as required by the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or any other applicable federal, state, or local law, Stronghold considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Stronghold also has an accommodation process to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees with disabilities. For more information or if you have a need, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Visa sponsorship is not available at this time. Only applicants who do not require sponsorship will be considered.