Computer Vision Engineer
StructionSite is the digital version of the physical construction site. We turn a human with a hard hat and 360º camera into a “Google street view car” to rapidly digitize the jobsite. Our software allows project teams to communicate in the context of the jobsite anytime, from anywhere.
We are a team of engineers, product managers, designers and evangelists who have come together to transform how the world builds. We value learning above all and are looking for teammates who have the same appetite for growth and expansion. We welcome candidates with backgrounds in construction and other industries; joining the team could be a great opportunity to bridge your career progression from construction into ConTech. Come build with us!
About This Role
We’re looking for a software engineer with experience solving high-value challenges using computer vision and machine learning in real world scenarios. Research potential solutions for technical feasibility, and collaborate with a fully remote/distributed product engineering team to deliver robust code into production that thousands of users around the world depend on to do their jobs.
What you'll do:
- Architect and build a pipeline to intelligently extract 3D scene data from sequences of panoramic images, using a mix of geometric and deep learning approaches.
- Drive improvements to our core vision engine that models the 3d environment from 2d images.
- Set up a human-in-the-loop workflow to acquire training data and evaluate model performance.
- Research and prototype new approaches, deliver to end users, monitor performance, and iterate or pivot as needed.
- Be a generalist to help out on all aspects of the software when called upon
What you have:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, Computer Vision, Machine Learning or related field
- 3+ years of experience deploying and maintaining software in production
- Practical knowledge of modern mapping/localization, detection, non-linear optimization, probabilistic filtering, and/or classification techniques
- A software engineering foundation and demonstrated expertise writing clean, robust code in C++ and/or Python
Life @ Structionsite
StructionSite respects your whole life. Here are some of the ways we support our team:
- Generous equity package and competitive salary
- Flexible Workspace
- Medical, Dental, and Vision for full-time employees in the US
- Team events, jobsite visits, hackathons, etc
StructionSite is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and dimensional work environment.