Senior Field Seismic Acquisition Engineer
Operations – Field Operations /
STRYDE is reinventing seismic, making it more attractive and affordable to a range of oil and gas and non-oil and gas industries . With our fearless attitude and agile delivery, we are approaching big challenges in a way that fosters a culture of innovation. We are looking at the future, and STRYDE will change the way that seismic is done.
Working for STRYDE you can expect:
An opportunity to disrupt - creative solutions that get the best out of everything
Pace & Momentum - we are a lightweight organization - each facet of what we do moves quickly; you will need to!
To do better - the technology we are building has less impact on the environment and is safer for the crews deploying in the field
This role is critical to the utilisation and operational success of the STRYDE product in the field. In this role you will train users in how to use STRYDE hardware and software, including survey design and planning, node deployment and retrieval, data download, record creation and data QC. You will also support clients in job start-ups. Most of the time the duration will be limited to 2 weeks in field per job, but at times there may be extended durations based on the need of the clients. Following the start-up you will continue to be the main point of support engineer point of contact for the client providing (remote) first line support.
STRYDE is still a nimble team and as such the suitable candidate will need to rapidly learn to become a generalist user expert of the system in order to independently support clients in field and provide remote survey support. When not in the field, and until STRYDE grows until we have dedicated warehouse staff, you will need to manage the required maintenance and testing of equipment returned from lease jobs in the field and prepare for new lease jobs. You may also be involved in testing and qualification of our products to ensure they are fit for purpose.
What you will do
- Train and support STRYDE’s customers with how to use our system to plan, manage and monitor surveys in the field
- Provide training on the system to STRYDE’s customers
- Support STRYDE’s customers at the start up of jobs
- Support STRYDE’s customers with remote support and in-field support as needed
- Conduct basic warehouse management, including maintaining and testing of equipment returned from lease operations and prepare the equipment for new jobs and support logistics
- Track issues and recommend future improvements, particularly regarding additional functionality and usability improvements to our software products
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience of land and TZ seismic acquisition.
- BSC / MSC Degree in Science or Engineering preferred but require someone with a good track record in acquisition system customer support such as an ‘Instrument Supervisor’ or ‘Field Support Engineer’.
- The candidate will also need to provide customer support on survey design, planning and execution and infield QC of position and seismic data and processing.
- Basic software skills such as understanding linux scripting and or python will need to be acquired.
- An experienced field engineer who is physically fit and confident in a hands-on role guiding customers in the physical handling and use of STRYDE’s equipment as well as software operation.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision or support from the office or other field support engineers
- Good communication and social skills.
- Willing to travel often, sometimes with very short notice, and at times extended durations in the field
- Fluency in English is a must
Given the nature of this role, we are looking for someone that is comfortable working with little, to no supervision. You will be a creative problem solver, and must be comfortable being the representative of STRYDE in the field with clients from different industries and different capability backgrounds.