Operations – Logistics /
Full Time /
STRYDE is reinventing seismic. With our fearless attitude and agile delivery, we are approaching big challenges in a way that fosters a culture of innovation. We are looking at the future, and STRYDE will change the way that seismic is done.
As the Logistics Specialist, you will be based in STRYDE's Jebel Ali Free Zone office where STRYDE has its Global Warehouse. The role requires you to ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time, to the required quality and in the most cost-effective way.
You will work closely with the Head of Customer Fulfilment (based in Norway), to provide the logistics services to ensure clients gets the equipment on time and at expected cost. You will also handle all other logistics demands within STRYDE, including supplier shipments and internal STRYDE shipments. As part of this work you will work closely with 3rd party logistic providers.
What you will do
- Plan, manage and evaluate cost effective logistics operations liaising with key stakeholders, suppliers, manufacturers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
- Improve and develop best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance
- Ensure compliance with import/export regulations, customs regulations and legal health and safety requirements for product transit or delivery.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems whilst maintaining levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements
- Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers whilst monitoring service against performance criteria.
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency, and resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports or customer issues.
Who we are looking for
- Proven experience with operating in Dubai and UAE and specifically experience dealing with Jebel Ali Free Zone logistics.
- Experience with logistics globally and in particular in the Middle East region.
- Proven working experience in handling movements globally by road, rail, sea and air, including freight imports, exports and working knowledge of Incoterms.
- Understanding and experience of tariffs, duties, local regulations, safety requirements, documentation, packaging and labelling.
- Ability to archive Jebel Ali Free Zone customs documentation.
- Ability to work independently, challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things constructively whilst handling multiple projects through to completion.
- Ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Good communication, analytical problem-solving and organisational abilities.
- Ability to interact confidently with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- BSc/BA in relevant field and minimum 5 years relevant experience.
Working for STRYDE you can expect:
- Strong commitment to HSSE and Quality
- Multinational staff working in different locations and time zones
- Working with highly technical staff and experienced field operations personnel