Software Engineer (C++ expert)
Technology – Software /
STRYDE is reinventing seismic, making it more attractive and affordable to a wide range of industries beyond the traditional oil & gas markets. With our fearless attitude and agile delivery, we are approaching big challenges in a way that fosters a culture of innovation. We are looking at the future, and STRYDE will change the way that seismic is done.
Headquartered out of London with offices in Norway, Dubai, and Texas, STRYDE is looking for a Software Engineer with an expertise in C++ programming language. The suitable candidate will be working mainly in C++ to build robust code for our central system software, handling high throughput and large volumes of data at stake during a seismic acquisition project.
Being a part of the small and agile STRYDE team, you will have a great opportunity to shape the software as we move forward and revolutionise the way seismic acquisition is done.
What you will do
- Take part in further developing our products and services and in particular optimizing the handling of large data volumes in a scalable, structured and efficient way.
- Input into the product roadmap by using technical expertise to drive continuous improvement
- Support existing codebase, troubleshooting, and fixing bugs in that are causing potential bottlenecks or latency in the system
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment, and being an active participant in all Scrum ceremonies
- Be an integrated part of the engineering team to come up with new and innovative solutions to improve value to our customers
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience of C++ high performance programming – ideally working on low-level programming, close to the OS and hardware
- Extensive experience with Linux OS and bash scripting
- Expertise with C++11 – exposure to C++17 is a plus
- Experience developing robust code that can run 24/7 and deal with high volumes of data – with little or no downtime
- Expertise in working on Linux based systems
- Experience using Make / CMake
- Experience in test-driven development and following DevOps principles
- Experience implementing mathematical models
- Familiarity with modern tools around code versioning (git) and continuous integration
Working for STRYDE you can expect
- To be part of an integrated development process, ranging from the low-level electronic components to the client facing applications. Our technology involves a wide range of domains: sensors, acoustics and signal processing, mechanical engineering, low-energy micro-electronics, GNSS receivers, Bluetooth LE, optical communication, batteries, embedded software, full stack software development with a wide range of languages, frameworks and technologies, geodesy and geophysics etc.
- More than your random 8 to 4 office position: our Asker facility hosts 3 labs where ideas are designed, prototyped, and tested, and an entire floor where equipment is staged and prepared for delivery to customers, who operate our product all over the world, in deserts, forests, frozen lands or urban areas.
- To work along extremely competent and passionate colleagues, always looking for creative solutions and opportunities to disrupt
- Pace & Momentum - we are a lightweight organization - each facet of what we do moves quickly; you will need to!
- To make a difference - the technology we are building has less impact on the environment and is safer for the crews deploying in the field.
The role is based in Asker, Norway. Applicants must eligibility to live and work in Norway.