Los Angeles, California /
Finance & Accounting – Accounting /
Studio71 is a premium global media company and content studio that develops, produces and distributes original programming across multiple platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Snap, and Roku. Studio71 is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Berlin, New York, Toronto, London, Paris and Milan.
Summary of the position:
Staff Accountant, part of the Accounting Team of 10. This role will be expected to participate heavily in period end closing activities and account reconciliation, including preparation of journal entries, revenue deferrals, and routine revenue reports and ad hoc requests. In addition, the role will be working on (and identifying) various process improvement. The right candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented with general revenue accounting expertise and a willingness to learn.
- Directly support the activities of the Revenue Manager and other members of management team, as needed.
- Analyze revenue transactions, prepare accounting journal entries, schedule and record revenue and related participation activity part of the accounting close process.
- Assist with the review of customer related contracts and SOWs to identify and document revenue and cost impacting terms and conditions.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly margin analyses by revenue stream.
- Provide supporting and required explanations for revenue review with external audits and year-end income tax filing requirements.
- Responsible for deferred revenue and participation accrual reconciliation.
- Responsible for GL reconciliation and certain GL activities.
- Preparing monthly financial analytics
- Identifying process improvement opportunities, and liaison parties involved.
- Maintain integrity of, and compliance with, internal controls.
- Assist with projects, ad hoc reports and analysis as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- 4+ years’ experience in accounting/revenue
- Strong background and technical expertise in accounting principles and concepts (GAAP/IFRS)
- Demonstrate strong accounting, reconciliation and analytical skills.
- A self-motivator who takes initiative and can dive into ambiguous details and determine proper outcome
- Demonstrated change agility and the ability to seize ownership and drive tasks to completion in a timely and efficient manner
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to learn quickly, and a passion for building a best-in-class firm
- Excellent personal organizational, strong interpersonal communication (clear and articulate speech) and peer leadership skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to navigate and resolve complex accounting and business issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong emphasis on Excel
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains), SalesForce and Concur a plus
- Big 4 experience highly valued
- Experience in professional services and/or entertainment/media industry a plus