Los Angeles, California /
People and Organization – Administration /
About Studio 71
Studio71 is a premium global media company and content studio that develops, produces and distributes original programming across multiple platforms. Studio71 is a Red Arrow Studios Company and headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Berlin, New York, Toronto, London, Paris and Milan.
Studio71 is looking for an HR Specialist to join the People & Organization team. This role will work alongside the Co-Head on a variety of HR functions across the company and supporting business needs.
The ideal candidate is extremely detail oriented, has great interpersonal and problem-solving skills, experience working with highly sensitive information, and has good discretion. Must have baseline knowledgeable of local, state, and federal employment laws.
Full time position based in Los Angeles, CA.
Duties of the role
- Benefits and 401K administration
- Support Co-Head with compliance related roll outs and maintenance (Intranet, harassment training, revised terms of employment, performance reviews, etc.)
- New hire onboarding and orientation
- Coordinate terminations and offboarding
- Maintain personnel records (employee files, attendance, employee information in HR programs and documents, etc.)
- Process employment verifications
- Payroll support alongside Co-Head for both US and Canada, including support during audits
- Process unemployment and wage claims
- Monthly reporting to P7S1 for training and Census
- Census reporting quarterly
- Assist in DEI initiatives and maintaining PRISM newsletters
- Point person for emergency preparedness and compliance postings
- Collect weekly department priorities
- Occasionally speaking on behalf of the People & Org team in meetings, as well as corporate communications to the staff.
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with 1+ years of HR experience
- Baseline understanding of employment law
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems (e.g. ADP WorkforceNow)
- Strong communication and people skills, can collaborate across all departments and level of employees
- Has experience working with highly sensitive information and uses best discretion
- Ability to multi-task, self-direct, and has great attention to detail
- Open to learning new skills/ techniques and is solution oriented