Data Analyst Director
Technology and Development – Development
Data Analyst, Los Angeles
Studio71 is looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Data Analyst, with a minimum of 4 years working experience to join our Technology team and help teams across the company increase efficiency and uncover insights with our business.
A successful Data Anayst will report to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and be integrated with the Software Development team to fully understand the data available and work with the team to find new data sources and improve our business analytics. They will also be expected to collaborate with teams across the company, such as Sales, PR, and Talent, to come up with research projects, answer questions, generate reports, and push for deeper insights that can help our partners and develop industry thought leadership.
· Develop KPI dashboards and reports to monitor, measure, and inform team leads and executives to impact business decisions and internal operations.
· Work with Sales leadership to better understand our historical data and create insights that can be automated and included with sales material.
· Manage both internal and external analytics tools while working with the Software Development team on improvements or suggesting additional platform investments.
· Assist in optimization of active campaigns.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to create ad hoc reports.
· Always remain focused on how we can automate our data process and solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent work experience.
· Advanced knowledge in querying (SQL), modeling, and providing insight into large data sets.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel.
· Experience with third party analytics such as ComScore, Google Analytics, Tubular Labs, and social listening tools.
· Experience with building dashboards and reports in visualization tools like Google Data Studio or Redash.
· Ability to explain complex ideas to non-technical audiences, both verbally and visually (slide decks, reports, one-sheets, or white papers).
· Ability to assess data gathering capabilities from sources like Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, or other social platforms.
· Experience or understanding of various advertising models such as media and branded content.
· Ability to manage priorities and expectations in a complex and fast-moving environment.
· Experience with Salesforce.
· Knowledge of modern data processing and storage tools (Data Lakes, Big Data, Tensorflow, EMR, etc).
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
· Familiarity with the software development process (Agile, Scrum).
· Experience in the digital media industry