Junior Back End Developer
Los Angeles, California /
Technology and Development – Development /
Studio71 is a premium global media company and content studio that develops, produces and distributes original programming across multiple platforms. Studio71 is a Red Arrow Studios Company headquartered in Beverly Hills, with offices in Berlin, New York, Toronto, and London.
Studio71 is seeking a talented and self-motivated Clojure Developer to join the Software Development team. This role is fully remote.
- Work with other developers on creating scalable, high-availability web services (both internal and external) - Integrate multiple external services and datasources into a single comprehensive system.
- Work with front end developers, Product Manger, and CTO to find solutions for a variety of projects.
- Assist the CTO and senior developers in designing new services and platforms.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Java.
- Knowledge and interest in functional programming with Clojure or LISP.
- Familiarity with web services and job queues.
- Familiarity with developing a RESTful API.
- Experience with various databases, both SQL and NoSQL (MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Riak).
- Excellent ability to work with big data.
- Familiarity with source control, specifically GIT and working with complex branching.
- Experience with the Linux command line and managing machines / services over ssh.
- Experience in working in a team-based creative environment.
- An understanding of Agile development methods.
- Familiarity with social media APIs (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Amazon’s AWS platform
- Experience with Elastic search
- Experience developing test suites
- Experience with solving big data problems using MapReduce / Hadoop, Hive, and Pig
- Familiarity with the online video business
- Familiarity with statistical analysis on large data sets
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP)