PR & Communications Coordinator
Los Angeles /
Public Relations and Communications – Public Relations /
Studio71 is the largest producer and distributor of short-form content globally. The company produces thousands of videos for its owned and operated channels, podcasts and apps and distributes over 1,400 external content properties – from internet-bred stars like Lilly Singh to major media brands like West Coast Customs. Studio71 effectively connects brands with both its in-house and third-party digital creators and assets on every platform, which generate over 13 billion monthly views across YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and Connected TVs. The company’s content network reaches one-third of the North American population who watch about an hour of Studio71’s content monthly. Studio71 is a Red Arrow Studios company, and is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Berlin, New York, Toronto, London, Paris, and Milan.
The Coordinator is the backbone of Studio71’s PR and Communications department. The Coordinator will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with the head of the department to build a successful long-term PR infrastructure by learning the ins and outs of corporate and consumer media relations through research, networking and creative brainstorming. The role will divide time between ideating with the PR lead, updating and maintaining various lists, managing calendars and other databases, and drafting PR materials. The coordinator must have a strong interest in communications with strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Own and keep PR and Comms materials and folders up to date including media lists, exec bios and headshots, logos, boilerplates, awards and speaking calendars, and earned media coverage.
· Draft written materials for the department including press releases, media alerts, and awards and speaking submissions.
· Assist with the operations and logistics for events, press briefings, photoshoots, etc.
· Direct workflow internally and externally on incoming PR requests.
· Source information to appropriate departments ensuring frequent and timely cross-department communication.
· Manage department’s billings, resources, calendars, travel, office services and other activities.
· Provide administrative support to the head of PR including scheduling meetings and handling expenses.
· Maintain the department’s contracts including independent and vendor agreements.
· Oversee intern program and develop curriculum for department.
· Develop and execute various reports as requested by the department head.
· Conduct media and competitive research on industry trends and news highlights.
· 1-2 years of experience in PR.
· Attention to detail is an absolute must.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize competing deadlines.
· MUST be highly organized and efficient (you take it to infinity and beyond) with a ‘can do’ proactive and enthusiastic attitude.
· Passionate about digital media and entertainment.