Account Executive, Podcasts
New York, New York /
Sales and Brand Partnerships – Media Sales /
Studio71 is a premium global media company and content studio that develops, produces and distributes original programming across multiple platforms. Studio71 is a Red Arrow Studios Company and headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Berlin, New York, Toronto, London, Paris and Milan.
As Account Executive, Podcasts, you will develop, maintain, and prospect new business from traditional and non-traditional podcast advertisers. You will report directly to our Head, Podcast Advertising Relationships
This role will collaborate with the broader Sales team with core responsibilities to our Podcast business operations. You’ll focus sales efforts for podcasts based on your defined territory list. You should have a track record of success among clients and peers with an approach to learn as they go and a willingness to ask questions and help grow our podcast business. Existing relationships are a plus, but most importantly candidate should bring a positive attitude and team mentality to the position.
· Develop, establish and build upon current relationships across select agencies and clients for podcast sales
· Manage a sales pipeline, generate leads, track leads and heavy outbound prospecting
· Clearly understand client needs/KPIs and Studio71’s value proposition to provide strategic recommendations
· Review and approve insertion orders
· Work with sales support staff and finance team to ensure spots are booked, fulfilled, and invoiced properly
· Track sales performance, inclusive of forecasting, budget, launch dates and close rates
· Collaborate with internal teams to produce seamless execution of best in class campaigns - inclusive of podcast strategy, marketing, ad ops and sales planners
· Maintain strong relationships with key decision makers in the industry; network externally
· Build rapport with clientele, provide excellent timely customer service, grow the accounts, and gain additional business from referrals
· Perform other duties as needed or as directed
· Familiarity with the podcast landscape.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field with 3+ years of podcast/audio sales experience
· Strong existing relationships with agencies/brands.
· Track record of generating leads, cold calling, closing business and managing clients, or comparable combination of education and experience
· Strong communication and people skills
· Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and self-direct
· Skilled in prospecting, pre-call planning, needs analysis, selling and closing marketing solutions to direct businesses and advertising agencies
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics information to develop creative sales solutions
· In-depth knowledge of the interactive industry required.
· Experience with ad serving technology a huge plus