Director, Business Development (Facebook Platform)
Los Angeles, California /
IP – Distribution /
Studio71 is a premium global media company and content studio that develops, produces and distributes programming across all platforms. Studio71 is a Red Arrow Studios Company and headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Berlin, New York, Toronto, London, Paris and Milan.
Studio71 seeks a highly motivated, well-organized Director to grow our existing Facebook distribution business while managing a dedicated S71 Facebook team.
The Director will be part of the larger Business Development team, which is responsible for all new business efforts across the quickly evolving creator economy and video ecosystem.
In this highly visible role, you will work at all levels of the company and across departments with the task to lead a growing team that builds relationships with emerging and existing Talent on Facebook. You will interface daily with talent, the platform (Facebook), and S71 internal teams (production, legal, accounting, talent managers, creative services, technical ops, etc.) and publish great content on Facebook.
Candidates must have (1) strong understanding of the digital landscape (Facebook or YouTube), (2) experience managing a small team and/or large projects, and (3) the ability to manage budgets while overseeing revenue generation to achieve financial targets.
· Oversee the process of building and managing a revenue driving portfolio of Facebook pages and partnerships
· Create and execute growth plan for studio71’s Facebook business
· Manage a marketing budget to grow reach and revenue across platforms
· Structure production and editing partnerships to scale and simplify existing workflow
· Understand and interpret analytics to improve or change Facebook pages accordingly
· Manage the partnership with Facebook’s entertainment partnership team
· Manage the scheduling across the different pages
· Implement strict processes for new and existing partnerships with the goal of streamlining content ingestion, data pass back, and financial payouts
· Give guidance to S71 technology group to build products that scale the team’s workflow
· 4+ years’ experience in talent, business development, partnerships, or distribution at a digital media company
· 3+ years’ experience negotiating licensing and/or brand deals in the digital video space
· General understanding of technical aspects of digital video delivery (such as MRSS feeds) and ad-serving
· Passion for the short-form content business and digital business strategy
· Fluency in PowerPoint/Keynote, Excel, YouTube CMS, Salesforce
· Deep understanding of contractual terms around video licensing and working with legal teams
· Robust knowledge of video distribution platforms and recent developments in the digital space