Public Relations Specialist
StudyPoint’s mission is to help kids succeed in school. We’re a growing ed-tech company and a leader in the online and face-to-face tutoring space.
While we think we have a great story to tell on multiple fronts, we’ve done very little PR throughout our 20-year history. We’d like to change that, and as a result we’re seeking someone to help us develop and pitch several storylines to local and national media outlets.
If you’ve built a great public relations skill set, can manage multiple key initiatives independently, are a creative problem solver, and take pride in deploying high quality marketing efforts, then we encourage you to learn more about joining our team.
- Help develop and craft the narrative and strategy for our outreach.
- Build campaign materials and media contact lists.
- Distribute and pitch company storylines across local and national media outlets.
- Coach senior leadership team on media engagements and interviews.
- Work with members of our marketing team and our CEO to integrate and align on brand messaging.
- In addition to the above core responsibilities, you’ll have the opportunity to wear multiple marketing hats and contribute on projects as we look to continue innovating on the marketing front.
- A strong intellect (and a Bachelor’s Degree).
- 4+ years of public relations experience.
- Excellent written communication skills and strong pitching skills.
- An exceptional work ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
- A passion for marketing and helping kids.
- Ability to react and adjust to shifting priorities.
- This will be a full-time position, though it will start out as a temporary role with the potential to become permanent.
- Work from home.
- The opportunity to work side by side with senior leadership to shape marketing strategies and campaigns.
- A tremendous opportunity for learning and growth: you'll be a key player on campaigns that affect the entire organization's success. (You'll never find that level of responsibility and exposure in a large company.)
- A fun and supportive team that is as intelligent, as driven, and as passionate about their work as you are.
- The certainty that the work you do contributes to the educational success of students across the country, and soon -- the globe.