In-Home Test Prep Tutor
StudyPoint In-Home Tutoring Positions /
We are StudyPoint, a national leader in one-to-one in-person tutoring. We have been in business for over two decades, operate in 19 markets nationwide, and have worked with more than 50,000 students. We’re currently looking for SAT and ACT tutors to meet with students in their homes.
Our elite tutoring staff:
- Are engaging and energetic while instructing students;
- Utilize and customize our proven curriculum to improve student outcomes;
- Are responsive and communicate effectively with students, parents, and employees;
- Create a positive, safe learning environment;
- Have fun while helping students achieve their goals.
StudyPoint's expert tutors have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of teaching and/or tutoring experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong academic background
- Confidence tutoring ALL sections of the SAT/ACT including both verbal and math sections. (Math sections include algebra I, algebra II, geometry, and some trigonometry.)
- Reliable car access to travel to students’ homes.
Why Tutor With Us?
- Design your own schedule: You choose when you tutor and where you are willing to travel.
- Provided Curriculum: We create all the lessons and homework assignments. We even have on online grading system, so you don’t have to spend time correcting assignments.
- Evaluations: Annual evaluations for all tutors with opportunities for raises based on performance.
- Referral Bonuses: For every student and fellow tutor you refer to us who signs up or is hired, you are eligible for a bonus!
- Dedicated Support: You will have a manager as well as a mentor who are there to support you each step of the way.
- No non-compete: You are free to continue with your private tutoring or tutoring with other organization in addition to working with our students.
Prime tutoring hours generally fall outside of school hours and on weekends. Your availability should include 6 or more hours per week and should be primarily be in the following time blocks:
Where we Tutor: We tutor in the following towns in your area. You do not need to travel to all of them, but being able to cover some of these towns will help ensure that we are able to pair you with students. We hire tutors in and around the following areas: Chicago, Arlington Heights, Barrington, Berwyn, Blue Island, Buffalo Grove, Burr Ridge, Cicero, Carol Stream, Darien, Deerfield, Des Plaines, Downers Grove, Elk Grove Village, Elmhurst, Evanston, Glen Ellyn, Glenview, Green Oaks, Golf, Highland Park, Hinsdale, Hoffman Estates, Inverness, La Grange, Lake Barrington, Lake Forest, Lake Zurich, Libertyville, Lincolnshire, Lincolnwood, Lisle, Lombard, Oak Brook, Oak Lawn, Oak Park, Orland Park, Palatine, Park Ridge, Mt Prospect, Mundelein, Naperville, Norridge, North Chicago, Northbrook, Northfield, River Forest, Riverwoods, Schaumburg, Skokie, South Barrington, Vernon Hills, Westchester, Westmont, Wheaton, Wheeling, Wilmette, Woodridge.
StudyPoint's founders had a simple idea: to create a better alternative to impersonal learning centers. Early on, the company invested heavily in curriculum development and training standards, so that its tutors could deliver consistent and reliable academic and test prep results to families. As the company grew, it added additional services and programs, ranging from individualized needs assessments to innovative online homework tools.
Throughout the years, StudyPoint has earned numerous awards for its exceptional growth (Inc 500/5000 nine times, BBJ Pacesetters three times) and its progressive work-environment (50 Most Engaged Workplaces two times). We're a values-driven workplace that delivers exceptional educational programs to our students, and in our over two decades of operations we've helped over 50,000 students find confidence and success on the path to college.
StudyPoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value all perspectives and backgrounds and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.