Remote (International) /
Who We Are
Subspace Network is building a radically decentralized, next-generation blockchain which allows developers to easily run Web3 apps at Internet scale. Subspace is based on original research funded by the US National Science Foundation and planning to launch its Network later this year. Subspace Labs is an early-stage, venture-backed startup with a remote-first, globally distributed team. To learn more, visit our website, view our team handbook, and read the technical whitepaper.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing team of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency enthusiasts and engineers.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Operating and maintaining of backend blockchain infrastructure of the Subspace Network on top of bare metal services, VMs and Kubernetes clusters.
- Following principles of infrastructure as code to make operations well defined and maintainable.
- Ensuring reliable operation through monitoring and observability.
- Educating and enabling the rest of engineering team with automation of CI/CD and other development workflows.
- Sustaining good site reliability practices with incident response and postmortem analysis
- Rich experience working with Linux servers, networking, virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Experience setting up and operating production Kubernetes clusters, virtual machines and Linux bare metal servers.
- Familiarity with cloud-native landscape of tooling and experience of successfully deploying them to production environments (Terraform, Ansible, Prometheus/VictoriaMetrics+Grafana, ArgoCD, etc.).
- Solid understanding of blockchains and successful experience of maintaining of blockchain node (bootstrap, RPC, validator) infrastructure.
- Be proactive, willing to help engineers so stay productive in fully-remote setting.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language.
- A passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems and Web3 technologies.
- Familiarity with the Rust and TypeScript languages and their tooling.
- Familiarity with Substrate and the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Active participation in Open Source development of DevOps/SRE-related tooling, presenting at conferences and meetups.
What We Offer:
- A globally distributed work environment with a high degree of autonomy and agency.
- You will play a critical role in implementing a new layer one blockchain.
- Salary and options befitting an early hire at a venture-backed startup.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US-based only).
- Company-sponsored team offsites in various locations around the world.