Product Development Manager
St. Louis, MO
As a Product Development Manager, your responsibilities will include working with the product development team on trends, sourcing, communication both domestic and international with factories, pricing, timelines, sample requests, strategies, implementation of new processes, PLM onboarding and the manufacturing processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Communicate and follow-up with vendors, mills and business partners on daily basis on development, costing, packaging, and freight of domestic and international products
- Ensure clear processes are in place and agreed for managing project and resource prioritization.
- Collaborative and partners with cross-functional teams to lead initiatives.
- Review and manage forecast transmission and fluctuations in sales/forecast at SKU level during launch periods.
- Monitor, track and manage critical product development and production calendar timelines
- Generate accurate specifications for individual samples and production orders
- Process, organize and track outgoing orders and samples
- Manage first sample production and quality to meet short term critical deadlines
- Manage data for weekly production meetings, including production work in progress
- Coordinate samples to meet deadlines for photography shoots and influencer requests
- Review weekly and monthly inventory management
- Review and organize all quality control documents for testing labs and factories
- Source new packaging companies for cost effectiveness and new opportunities
- Maintain time and action calendars for internal teams and external partners
- Sample organization
- Manage additional projects as assigned
- Support for internal teams as needed
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A bachelor’s degree in Product Development, Fashion Merchandising or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in Product Development industry.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Knowledge of apparel construction and components
- Experience working with overseas partners and clear communication
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, and Google Docs
- Flexible to changing demands with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently in a fast-paced business environment
- Strong communication, organization and computer skills
- Ability to proactively manage issues and problem solve
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal
ABOUT SUMMERSALT: BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF ADVENTURE ESSENTIALS, STARTING WITH SWIMWEAR.
The millennial consumer is travel-obsessed. She plans and takes an average of 8 trips a year, helping to drive the travel industry's booming growth. Her wanderlust spirit is alive and feeding an underserved industry ripe for disruption — and Summersalt is already making waves. Having launched with designer swimwear made for adventure in May 2017 at a $95 price point, Summersalt grew exponentially the first two years, captured repeat customers, sold in every U.S. state, built a strong online personality, and garnered praise from leading media (Forbes, Adweek, CNN, Business Insider, Refinery29, Elle Magazine, Marie Claire, Brit + Co, Glamour). But swimwear is just the beginning. Summersalt is poised to become the travel essentials brand that will live in every corner of her suitcase. By cutting out the middlemen and with supply chain at warp speed, Summersalt delivers designer quality, functionality, and performance in every product at an affordable price. Summersalt products are smart solutions that transform the way she travels.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!