Senior Software Engineer
Summersalt is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our growing technology team. Staying at the forefront of retail and ecommerce, this person will work to build and maintain all aspects of the Summersalt technology stack. The Senior Software Engineer will work in close collaboration with the technology, marketing, acquisition, data science and operations teams to rebuild our Shopify framework and think of new and innovative digital products to continue to grow the business.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Develop engaging web experiences that excite our customers and support Summersalt's overall growth objectives.
- Improve and rethink the customers’ shopping journey through our website, emails, and various other platforms.
- Fine tune metrics like site speed and conversion rate through innovative solutions.
- Work closely with the Summersalt product and marketing teams to facilitate and aid in new product launches and campaigns.
- Support integral decisions relating to web and mobile capabilities as well as other technologies and platforms.
- Identify and resolve opportunities for improvement in the customer experience.
- Assist in defining and reinforcing coding standards and build, test and deployment tools and processes.
- Work with the larger Summersalt team and cross-functional stakeholders on projects to improve and impact company objectives.
- BS in Computer Science and 5+ years of industry experience OR 7+ years of industry experience.
- Strong Experience with JS testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, etc).
- Experienced with pre/post-processors and build systems.
- Skilled in analyzing and optimizing front end performance.
- Experienced with Headless E-commerce Architecture.
- Experienced in Shopify
- We’re collaborative: You champion diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. You believe that the greatest success comes from a collaborative team effort.
- We’re communicative—even when it’s hard. You’re direct and considerate in an effort to achieve the best possible outcome. Your feedback is always intentional, constructive, and to move the business forward.
- We move at warp speed: You quickly absorb new information, skills, and responsibilities. Learning (really) fast and embracing unpredictability is a must.
- We’re data obsessed: You tackle complex problems with data that produces measured solutions. You use information from a range of key sources to spot patterns, connect dots, and solve problems—quickly.
Summersalt is a generation-defining apparel brand, providing wardrobe essentials for women who are going places. Summersalt launched in 2017 with swimwear made from recycled materials at a $95 price point — designer quality swimwear without the designer price tag. Since then, we’ve launched additional categories including loungewear, knitwear, sleepwear and activewear. Summersalt pieces are modern, sophisticated and fun, with an impeccable data-backed fit based on millions of measurements from over 10,000 women. In the few short years since our founding, Summersalt has built a loyal following of customers, influencers and celebrities, while garnering praise from leading fashion media including ELLE, Vogue and People.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, close-knit team that is redefining the apparel and swimwear categories and at the forefront of e-commerce, design and brand innovation. Sustainability, inclusivity and diversity are core tenants of the brand, and we work hard to inspire joy through our products and every interaction with the customer. If you want to be a part of a diverse, hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and thoughtful people, please consider applying.
Summersalt champions diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Summersalt is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We hire the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, parental status, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are committed to fostering diversity across our organization.