St. Louis, MO
A unique opportunity to help create the patterns for a rapidly growing, women’s swim and travel apparel business.
Summersalt garments are smart solutions that transform the way our consumer travels. This role is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, early-founding team that is redefining the Travelwear and swimwear categories and disrupting a massive direct-to-consumer vertical. We are building the best team in the country working in rapid iterations from concept to sample to final production in six weeks. By selling directly to our customer, we cut out the middlemen to offer world-class design, performance, fit, and quality – all for a reasonable price.
We are seeking a Patternmaker to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you will work in close collaboration with the design team to maintain and create patterns as the company increases the number of development styles in existing categories and as it expands into new categories.
- Create clear and accurate patterns for swim, apparel (woven and knit), and/or accessories using Optitex software
- Work closely with the design department to interpret original sketches into patterns that will be used by multiple factories for development
- Understand and maintain the incredible Summersalt fit that has been established and apply to all new development
- Communicate daily with factories (domestic and foreign) to quickly resolve any questions or issues regarding patterns and grading throughout development and production
- Maintain and as needed grade patterns for Swim and Apparel in sizes 0-24, including long torso and maternity styles
- Provide production ready patterns and specs to vendors
- Ensure that Cutter's Must in Tech Packs clearly and accurately reflect all of the pattern pieces
- Clearly communicate all seam allowances and notches and ensure accuracy of patterns for development and production hand-off to maximize efficiency and minimize the development timeline.
- Participate in fit sessions and share your expertise to improve fit and finish whenever possible
- Suggest finishes and construction for best appearance and most economical execution during production
- Ensure all factories have the most up-to-date patterns based on comments in a quick and accurate manner
- Work with cross-functional team including: Design and Product Development
- Create a pattern and grade rule library for improved organization and efficiency
- Support internal teams as needed
- Manage additional duties and projects as assigned
What you are bringing to the team
- 5+ years of pattern making experience in swim, apparel (knit and woven), and/or accessories
- Flexibility to thrive in a dynamic, extremely fast paced business environment
- Ability to maintain efficiency and accuracy
- Incredible attention to detail
- Commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
- Proficiency in Optitex (or similar pattern making software), Microsoft Excel, Word, Office, and Google Docs
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Demonstrated initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Expertise in swim and apparel construction and components
- Experience working with overseas partners and clear communication
- Superb organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal
- Experience with extended sizes preferred
- Must be self motivated, but also a strong team player
ABOUT SUMMERSALT: BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF ADVENTURE ESSENTIALS, STARTING WITH SWIMWEAR.
The millennial consumer is travel-obsessed. She plans and takes an average of 8 trips a year, helping to drive the travel industry's booming growth. Her wanderlust spirit is alive and feeding an underserved industry ripe for disruption — and Summersalt is already making waves. Having launched with designer swimwear made for adventure in May 2017 at a $95 price point, Summersalt grew exponentially the first two years, captured repeat customers, sold in every U.S. state, built a strong online personality, and garnered praise from leading media (Forbes, Adweek, CNN, Business Insider, Refinery29, Elle Magazine, Marie Claire, Brit + Co, Glamour).But swimwear is just the beginning. Summersalt is poised to become the travel essentials brand that will live in every corner of her suitcase. By cutting out the middlemen and with supply chain at warp speed, Summersalt delivers designer quality, functionality, and performance in every product at an affordable price. Summersalt products are smart solutions that transform the way she travels.