Atomhawk Advance, Leamington /
Atomhawk – UI/UX /
Atomhawk are looking for enthusiastic and experienced UI/UX Artists, with an interest in developing in-game and front-end UI and UX for AAA games projects. As part of our UI team you will work closely with UI engineers to develop and implement great UI for some incredible clients.
In this role you will:
- Design, create and implement UI using proprietary and middleware UI tools
- Create visual and interaction design, adhering to a cohesive style guide and maintaining consistency
- Maintain high visual fidelity, competitive aesthetics, presenting game information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Organise and maintain game-ready assets for use in user interfaces, such as textures, icons, and fonts
- Create and revise UI concepts and prototype flows, to establish the UI direction
- Work with UI engineers to implement assets and ensure correct functionality and visual fidelity
- Design UX wireframes and documentation
This position is open to remote, hybrid and in-studio working. For those wanting to work in a physical office, we can currently offer in-studio work in one of our UK studios.
If this sounds like something that interests you then read on!
UI/UX Artists at Atomhawk work on a variety of projects alongside their team members. We work at all stages of UI/UX development, from early concepting through to implementation. We work with leading brands including WB Games, XBOX Game Studios, 2K and EA, helping shape the user interfaces of the games of tomorrow.
We look for the following in people who want to join our team
- Quality at all stages of the process – Creation of UI/UX designs, organised workflow & files, well presented and defined from initial design through to implementation.
- Design thinking – Solving creative problems when adapting 2D concept, balancing form and function, always being aware of the whole pipeline and the requirements
- Technical skill – Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Animate and Photoshop and an understanding of the usual development software & tools. An understanding and interest in real world mechanics would also be a benefit.
- Art fundamentals – A strong grasp of UI/UX principles and design.
- Variety and iteration – The ability to provide multiple creative options, then iterate upon them as projects progress.
- Adaptability – Switching quickly and fluidly to new requirements and processes when required.
- Working to a brief – Understanding creative briefs, then considering elements such as context, timescales and creative constraints when solving tasks.
- Time management – Creation of high-quality work within allocated timescales.
- Collaboration – Receptive to taking feedback and working together with team-mates and clients.
- Great graphic design skills and the ability to flex your range and embed yourself in new and existing IP.
- Able to design and create UI from wireframe to concept to prototype to final.
- Excellent use of typography, composition, colour theory and motion graphics.
- Proven experience using core tools including Adobe Photoshop, After Effects and Animate.
- Experience of interface creation in game engines is desirable.
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with engineering and production.
- Eager to get it right, redo/iterate work until the desired outcome is achieved.
- Task driven, self-motivated and proactive.
- Quick learner, able to rapidly pick up new software and workflow pipelines.
- Must be patient and polite but also able to judge moments where push-back is needed.
- A good understanding of 3d modelling is not required but is a bonus.
- Proficiency or ability to learn relevant software; XD, Axure, Perforce, Jira, Basecamp and Confluence.
- Understanding of animation timing.
- Experience on a multiplayer game titles and live-service titles (console).
Atomhawk produces the very best in cutting-edge creative conceptualisation, visualisation, and realisation. Our client list includes major names - Warner Bros, Sony, Microsoft, SEGA, Activision, 2K, EPIC, The Pokémon Company and Blizzard all feature. And we like variety. Every project is different from the last. The spectrum covers gritty, hard-hitting Mortal Kombat, irreverent and stylised Surgeon Simulator 2, comic book superheroes, nostalgic childhood favourites and all things in between. Whichever franchise is on today’s agenda - DC, Halo, Marvel, Mortal Kombat and Warhammer - we move through their worlds with ease and creative curiosity.
The work our team produces is world-class. We’ve celebrated that fact in three artbooks. Each one features concept art, tutorials and professional tips. Volume 3 was created to mark the studio’s 10th anniversary, and was displayed and sold at the Great North Museum: Hancock in Newcastle, where we held the exhibition Other Worlds: The Art of Atomhawk in 2020. You can take a virtual tour of the exhibition here.
Our output hasn’t gone unnoticed. We received Best Companies’ 3 Star Accreditation 2021 and Top Companies North East 2021. We hold the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, as well as the TIGA Star Award 2021. We were also named Best Art/Animation/Trailer Supplier at the 2021 Develop Star Awards.
Creativity thrives through diversity, not conformity. Every Atomhawk applicant and employee is afforded space and freedom to be their true self, with no fear of prejudice or persecution. During the application process, you won’t be judged on your name, your gender, your sexuality, your ethnicity, your age, your religion, or any other factor unrelated to your ability to do the job.
As well as having the chance to work on some incredible projects, Atomhawk offers a unique environment for those wanting to be surrounded by like-minded creative people. We have one of the largest in-house teams of specialist digital artists in the world, providing a collaborative community that works, develops and socialises together.
Atomhawk provides structured career development and training pathways for staff at all levels. We offer flexible working hours and a strict ‘No-Crunch’ culture, meaning overtime is not required within the art team.
Atomhawk is part of Sumo Group Ltd, one of the UK’s leading videogame developers.