Senior Game Designer - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Nottingham became part of the Sumo Digital family in March of 2016 and is a community of diverse, game-loving people ranging from industry veterans to talented graduates.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
We are looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer to join the Sumo Nottingham design team to help us with exciting new projects!
Within this role you will:
- Collaborate with all disciplines to uphold and help execute the game vision.
- Create, maintain, and communicate the design to the wider team and stakeholders.
- Assist the Leads in task creation, prioritisation, and tracking.
- Evangelise the game’s design to multi-discipline teams across the studio.
- Deliver quality work within schedule and technical limitations.
- Mentor more junior members of the team.
- Provide feedback to level and game-play designers.
We need you to have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ development experience in game design, including senior or lead design experience
- Shipped at least one commercial title on current gen consoles or PC.
- Content, systems, and mechanics design experience from concept to delivery.
- Strong knowledge of game and level design principles.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and production challenges.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Passion and enthusiasm for making and playing games.
It would be great if you also have:
- Presentation and game-community talk experience.
- Racing and/or FPS game development experience.
What we Offer:
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out of office events such as our legendary annual Sumo ‘Big Day Out’, plus epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - winning concepts can go on to commercial release, so far including Snake Pass and the upcoming Spyder for Apple Arcade.
We are proud to be in Nottingham, which benefits from a wealth of attractions, including world-famous history, a huge choice of bars and restaurants, art galleries and a wide variety of cultural events. Our new state-of-the-art studio is in the Castle Marina area of the City – ten minutes’ walk from the City Centre and served by excellent bus, train, tram and cycle links as well as good access to the North and South via the M1 motorway.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events.