Timbre Games, Vancouver /
Timbre Games – Art /
Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Art at Timbre Games
We are visionaries, sculptors, painters and landscapers of virtual worlds. Together, we breathe life into creative concepts and ideas while defining experiences and quality. We collaborate with multiple departments to establish our vision, and absolutely light up as we watch it all come together. We are utilizing advanced tools and technologies to shape our vision of building diverse and accessible AAA games.
Technical Animators impact our team by driving the implementation of gameplay animation systems as well as the creation of tools to help the characters in our game look their best.
As a Technical Animator at Timbre, you will:
- Ensure art content and features are easily integrated and aligned with our artistic vision; while also considering technical constraints and gameplay
- Identify problems, and guide the team toward better workflows through automation and tools
- Conduct communications between artists and programmers to optimize workflow
- Have a methodical approach to work with a focus on scalability/repeatability of systems
- Support animators and rigging team with technical knowledge
What you bring:
- 4+ years of game production experience, preferably shipping one title!
- Proven experience with animation implementation in games or film (using Unreal)
- Knowledge of animation retargeting and sharing
- Creation of additive animations, split-body animations
- Creation of custom blueprints, state machines
- Knowledge of procedural animation, root motion, control rigs and motion warping
- Recognizing pinch points in the pipeline and find ways to improve workflow
- Excellent problem-solving skills that balance creativity with technical requirements
- Experience developing a player character creator is a plus
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off (unlimited), plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership and industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!