Lead Environment Artist - SUMO INDIA
Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; big things are on the horizon and want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Role @ Sumo
Do you see yourself as a 3D Lead Artist?
Sumo Video Games are currently looking for world-class Lead Environment Artists with experience contributing to AAA titles.
What's your passion? Is it playing video games, working doodling/creating art work? -- if that's your answer, then we at SUMO are interested in YOU. At Sumo we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do there and we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
· Relocation reimbursement from other cities is offered
· Performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary
· Opportunities to attend industry conferences
· A complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children
As an Environment Artist you will need:
- To be a Lead Artist you should have at-least 7 years of Art Experience with a AAA video game titles and yes an impressive portfolio which exhibits your experience is a must.
- Needs to have experience and knowledge of latest Physically based rendering (PBR) techniques.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE4) or similar AAA game engine
- Max/Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Mudbox is must
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Substance Painter / designer and quixel suite
- An ideal lead should have excellent microscopic artistic eye.
- Would be a plus to have traditional art skills
- Should have Excellent communication skills
- Should be excellent with time management
- Must have people and team management skills and should be a good leader who should lead by an example.
- Excellent problem solving with Confidence to question the status quo and provide alternative solutions.
- Should have passion and potential to develop themselves, his/her team and ensure everyone grows with the organisation.
- If applying for Environment/ Vehicles, then need to meet the following skill requirement too.
If you are interested in Environment/ Vehicles, then need to meet the following skill requirement too:
- Excellent hard surface modelling skills
- A good understanding of taking objects/environments from concepts to final game quality
- A good portfolio (which is current) that has the Environment assets - show casing screenshots for the Model, Wireframe and texture pages.
- Should be proficient in 3D packages such as Max, Maya and Zbrush
- Excellent Photoshop skills and ability to create stylized hand painted textures.
- Thorough knowledge of PBR work flow and procedural software’s such as Substance Painter/designer and Quixel DDO
- Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- A portfolio demonstrating breath-taking prop/environment modeling and texturing techniques, both high and low poly
- Should have at least 7 years of experience creating art for console games
- Have excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams.
To be a Lead Artist at Sumo you should have at-least 7 years of Art Experience with at least one AAA video game title under your belt and an impressive portfolio. You will also need to have:
People and team management skills; a good leader who should lead by an example
Passion and potential to develop themselves, the team and contribute to how all our artists develop their careers and grow with the organisation
Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to challenge the status quo
Have excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams
Excellent time management
An excellent microscopic artistic eye.
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.