Senior Technical Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Nottingham became part of the Sumo Digital family in March of 2016 and is a community of diverse, game-loving people ranging from industry veterans to talented graduates.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; big things are on the horizon and want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
We have an unmissable opportunity for a creative Senior Technical Artist to join our Nottingham studio.
Within this role you will:
- Collaborate with the team on technical solutions to deliver the art vision and drive the visual fidelity of the game
- Build-upon, create and maintain art pipelines, identifying and developing new tools and processes
- Help define and meet in-game asset budgets and optimise levels, meshes, materials, lighting, post-processes and vfx.
- Communicate effectively between art and code, providing guidelines, best practices and documentation for workflows etc.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and techniques, current game development practices and utilise this effectively in game production
What we Offer:
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Huddersfield, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out of office events such as our legendary annual Sumo ‘Big Day Out’, plus epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - winning concepts can go on to commercial release, so far including Snake Pass and the upcoming Spyder for Apple Arcade.
We are proud to be in Nottingham, which benefits from a wealth of attractions, including world-famous history, a huge choice of bars and restaurants, art galleries and a wide variety of cultural events. Our new state-of-the-art studio is in the Castle Marina area of the City – ten minutes’ walk from the City Centre and served by excellent bus, train, tram and cycle links as well as good access to the North and South via the M1 motorway.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events.