Senior Executive Producer - SUMO SHEFFIELD
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Are you looking for the next step in your career and fancy working on a huge project in a well established and successful studio? As a Senior Executive Producer you will have overall responsibility for the delivery of a project to time and on budget, and within quality expectation of clients.
In your new role you will:
- Manage the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected
- Create milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management.
- Manage the project budget - identifying resource requirements and expectations, tracking actual project spend versus planned spend and continuously updating projections.
- Managing change – ensuring project scope is adhered to, controlling feature creep, ensuring project is delivered in accordance with expectations, and project budget changes if necessary.
- Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals.
- Continuously assess risk and keep scope of the project in line with budget and schedule.
- Managing day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, budget, change and risk with the client and Development Director and making recommendations accordingly
- Manage communication of project progress to the Development Director internal senior management team.
- Maintain close communication with team leads and provide team members with material and technical support as needed.
- Ensure that each member of the team is working from a tracked schedule and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution.
- Follow Sumo Digital’s project development standards and guidelines
To be successful you will:
- Have shipped at least 2 games in a production management role, seeing through the full lifecycles
- Be highly responsible, self-directed, detail oriented problem solver with a desire to contribute to a creative environment.
- Communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
- Have worked within a AAA game environment in production management roles
- Demonstrate exceptional project management practices and software including Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
- Have outstanding organization, communication and exceptional management skills/leadership.
- Keep abreast of current trends in the marketplace especially with regard to similar and/or competitive product.
What we Offer:
Sumo Digital continues to be one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying year on year stability and growth since its founding in 2003.
We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out-of-office events such as our legendary annual Sumo ‘Big Day Out’, plus epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - winning concepts can go on to commercial release, so far including Snake Pass and the upcoming Spyder for Apple Arcade.
Sheffield itself offers all the benefits of a big city with a village attitude. Renowned for its friendly inhabitants and green spaces, Sheffield is a phenomenal place to live and work whether you’re just starting out in your career, or if you’re looking to establish roots and family. The city includes world-class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping and restaurants, and a third of the city lies inside the stunning Peak District National Park, offering easy access to incredible recreation and history.
Our Sheffield studio is adjacent to the Meadowhall shopping centre and its rail, tram and bus links and to the M1 motorway, making for an easy commute from places like Leeds and Nottingham.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events.