Sumo Sheffield /
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo Sheffield is looking to expand our project teams and has a great opportunity for an Art Manager looking for a new challenge.
Collaborating closely with production, design, code and audio you will be part of the leadership for the team responsible managing the delivery of the art for the project.
If you are an Art lead with a passion for delivering high quality content while running, mentoring and motivating a diverse Art Team we have the right role for you!
Within this role you will:
- Be responsible for managing the production and delivery of all art and animation on a AAA title
- Help to create and manage the schedule for Art and Animation
- Be responsible for managing the Art Team structure and the teams personal development
- Liaise with Production, Development Director and Art Leads on all art planning and milestone definition processes
- Communicate and prioritise dependencies
- Provide guidance to the Art Director on the requirements of art and animation
- Present best practices to art teams, critiquing problematic assets and workflows
- Communicate clearly, in all directions
- Facilitate collaboration with external and internal teams
- Organise and manage Art documentation
We need you to have:
- Experience of managing Art teams through the complete life cycle of project development
- Ability to organise and supervise creative teams to accomplish their assignments
- Scheduling, budgeting, and outsourcing experience
- Strong knowledge of art content pipelines and asset management
- Broad understanding of contemporary processes and engine technology
- Good verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Previous Discipline Lead experience
What We Offer:
· Annual Bonus
· Share Incentive Plan
· Competitive Pension
· Flexible Working
· 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
· 5 Learning Days
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
· Game & Book Libraries
· Wrap Parties
· Alternative Travel Prize Draw
· The Sumo GameJam
· Big Family Events
· Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
· Life Drawing
· Yoga Classes
· Free fruit and drinks
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Career Development
· Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Life Assurance 4x Salary
· Income Protection of 75%
· Relocation Support to the UK
· Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More About The Sumo Sheffield Studio:
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.