Senior Vehicle Artist - SUMO INDIA
Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Role @ Sumo
Do you see yourself as a Senior Vehicle Artist?
Sumo Video Games Pune, India is looking for passionate Vehicle artist who aspire to create realistic & stylized vehicles alongside the Sumo UK Studios and help bring life to game world of some of the world class AAA projects on major consoles.
The ideal candidate should have a striking portfolio demonstrating an exceptional skill in modelling, sculpting and texturing broad range of vehicles. They should be eager to learn and develop their skills alongside some of the best vehicle artists in India and the UK, to deliver a very high-quality in game vehicles.
Within this role you will:
- Work alongside the Lead Vehicle Artist, the candidate will be working on a current project in production, and will form part of the highly skilled Art team(Environment/ Props/Vehicles ).
- Work from concept art, images and turn them into fully functioning in game vehicles
- Work along with technical artist to understand and implement correct naming and file structure considering game engine and limitations.
- Work with animators and technical artist to deliver animation ready solutions.
- Ensure vehicles created follow the given art direction, and are within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications
- Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with project teams in the UK
We will need you to have:
- Proficiency in Max, Maya and Zbrush, photoshop
- Extensive hard surface modelling experience.
- Thorough knowledge of PBR work flow and procedural software’s such as Substance Painter / designer and Quixel DDO
- Excellent understanding of structure, silhouette in respect of modelling along with exceptional understanding of mesh topology skills
- Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- A portfolio demonstrating wide range of vehicles completed to a very high standard.
- At least 4 years of experience creating vehicles for console games
- Excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams.
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.