Sound Designer - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have six UK studios; Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Huddersfield, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
Recent work includes Crackdown 3 (Microsoft), Hitman 2 (IO Interactive), LittleBigPlanet 3 (Sony), and our first self-published original title - Snake Pass. We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Team Sonic Racing (SEGA) and Dead Island 2 (Deep Silver/Koch Media) as well as unannounced ‘AAA’ projects for major publishers.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo. After fifteen years of success, even bigger things are on the horizon, and want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
We are seeking talented Audio Designers with a passion for creating world class audio content to join the team on an unannounced AAA console title. This is an incredible opportunity to join our dedicated team to produce outstanding audio on our most exciting projects yet. You’ll be working alongside enthusiastic designers creating and implementing original SFX using our in house library and field recordings as well as helping to source and record new material.
Within this role you will:
- Create AAA standard, original SFX using a range of sound design methods and techniques
- Have an in-depth understanding of Wwise middleware
- Represent audio interests within cross-discipline feature groups
- Work closely with our talented Audio Team to deliver AAA audio for our games
We need you to have experience with:
- Full cycle work experience as an Audio Designer on at least 2 shipped AAA titles
- Demonstrable sound design skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Advanced working knowledge of Wwise middleware
- Good knowledge of field and studio recording
- Familiarity with Foley recording and application.
- Experience in working with sound to picture.
It would also be great if you have experience with:
- Working experience with current gen console development/production
- Experienced Nuendo user
- Comfortable running dialogue sessions
- Experienced in multichannel sound design
- An understanding of current developments in interactive audio
- Working experience of creating UE4 Blueprints or similar visual scripting
What We Offer:
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays, flexi-time and excellent employee benefits. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, a gift card on your birthday, and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas to potentially be developed by Sumo, with Snake Pass being the first to go to market.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.