Support Engineer - RED KITE GAMES, LEEDS
Red Kite Games, Leeds
Since its formation, Red Kite Games has been producing award-winning video games for a variety of different platform holders, studios and publishers. Specialising in complete multi-platform video games development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting edge video games.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite Games continues to deliver unrivalled creatively-led and technically proficient game development to the likes of Microsoft, Sony, 2K Games, Activision, SEGA and Codemasters.
Several high-profile titles include God of War III: Remastered, Crackdown 3, DiRT 4, Team Sonic Racing, Payday 2 (Switch) and Call of Duty: Strike Team.
It’s a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on several high profile video games for current gen and next gen platforms, we're also developing our own IP.
Come join the team and help to fly the Red Kite kite!
The role @ Red Kite Games
Red Kite are working on a variety of exciting games which present a unique set of IT issues and challenges. In this role you be expected to work closely with the development team to ensure their workflow is optimal and assist in the day-to-day running of the studio.
In your new role you will:
- Be the primary point of contact for the studio IT issues and support agreed service levels, standards and processes from the centralized helpdesk.
- Provide desktop, laptop, mobile, server and storage support.
- Setup and configure new authorised end-user devices. Install authorized software in the devices.
- Process service requests and keep users informed about their incidents' status at agreed intervals.
- Escalate issues which are beyond the employees' capabilities or resource capacity to senior resources in an effective manner to optimize the quality of service provided.
- Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality of the technological service.
- Register and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible. If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, transfer the Incident to the team leader.
- Manage device backups, diagnose and resolve technical issues when required.
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the team leader.
- Ensure security and upgrades are applied to authorised end-user devices and kept up to date.
- Install antivirus to all authorised end-user devices. Fault finding to authorised end-user devices when required.
- Document and maintain all logs for equipment and users. Update the CI and asset management platform when required.
- Ensure licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained in the asset management platform.
- Prepare documents, meeting materials and correspondence and provide training to end-users as required.
- Provide the best end-user experience and outstanding support to all internal and external end-users.
- Tackle any other additional responsibilities as requested by senior management.
Red Kite Games is located in central Leeds, a major European city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway and to the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford Airport. Leeds is a financial, legal, cultural and commercial centre within Yorkshire. It's home to some of the coolest restaurants, bars and museums in the north of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside, historic York and the Yorkshire coast.
Red Kite Games is a video games development studio with a highly experienced team of developers from a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds. Having collectively worked with a multitude of leading development studios on a variety of best-selling and critically acclaimed video games, the Red Kite team is uniquely placed with both experience and expertise.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out of office events such as our legendary Red Kite summer parties plus our epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular social gatherings, games nights, team breakfasts make this a great place to build a career and genuine friendships with your colleagues. In addition, the diversity of projects and our highly experienced core team enables us to offer an unrivalled ability to develop rewarding careers as well as great games.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other.