Producer - SUMO DIGITAL, LEAMINGTON SPA
Sumo Leamington Spa
Founded in early 2019, Sumo Leamington is the most recent member of the award-winning Sumo Digital family. We’re one of Sumo’s seven game development studios located across the UK and India, and we have an immediate goal of building an industry-leading team here in Royal Leamington Spa.
Managed by industry veterans with ground-breaking titles under their belts, the studio needs to hire the right colleagues to meet our exciting objectives. Whether you’re an industry veteran or straight out of university, we could have a career-defining role for you. If you want to create great games that people will play for years to come, and be there at the beginning of something we know will be truly special, join our team. We look forward to speaking with you!
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
As Producer at Sumo Leamington you will be working on our exciting projects, liaising with the internal development team, project and product owners. You’ll ensure that we deliver & operate high quality products to our customers on time and on budget. Working across our multi-disciplinary development team alongside the Project Owner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the team to ensure project planning goals are structured & progress is reported internally, escalating issues as required
- Supporting the Project owner to help Manage the development process from concept through prototyping, development & release to live operation, ensuring the right team members are assigned & motivated
- Working with key stake holders both internal & external
- Supporting the project owner & key stakeholders to ensure design, quality & timing goals are effectively communicated within the entire development team
- Maintaining high working efficiency within teams by addressing all blocking issues in a timely manner
- Working with leads to ensure the team has the right resources and equipment to meet expected deliverables and deadlines
To be successful you will have:
- Shipped multiple titles in a production role
- Managed the schedule of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected.
- Created milestone content and realistic production schedules in co-ordinate with team leads and management.
- Ensured project scope is adhered to and delivered in accordance with expectations
- Identified and resolved conflict between schedule, capacity and design goals
- Managed day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, capacity, change and risk whilst making recommendations accordingly
- Ensuring project team members are working from a tracked schedule and that they have a strong sense of ownership responsibility and accountability for the quality and timelines of their contribution
As part of the Sumo Digital family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, vouchers on your birthday and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo (this led to the recently released Snake Pass, so it’s a genuine commitment to allowing staff to pitch ideas upwards to the highest levels).
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand new team, and creating a studio culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other.