Trainee VFX Artist
Sumo India /
Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
We are expanding our core team and looking out to develop VFX team to join our highly skilled team in Sumo Pune. We are looking for passionate fresher who can be trained to create excellent visual special effects for Video games.
Reporting to the Lead/Senior VFX Artist, the candidate will be working on upcoming projects and will form part of highly skilled team, and required to:
- Create high quality VFX using Proprietary/third party engine and 2D/3D software’s.
- Collaborate efficiently with VFX lead and other discipline like designer/code and troubleshoot visual effects related issues.
- Create optimized effects within technical constraints of game development.
For this role you need:
- Good understanding of Visual effects fundamentals and technique and ability to produce real-time particle effects.
- Able to understand creative briefs and have good knowledge to combine aesthetics and physics to create visual effects.
- Experience in generating effects using particles/graphics/sprites in Engine/software like Unreal/Unity/Houdini or other effect related tools.
- Good communication skill and awareness of current trend in VFX for console/mobile games.
- Portfolio demonstrating strong visual effects and great passion towards visually engaging motion graphics and animations.
- Academic background in Art/Graphics or equivalent are preferred.
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.