Atomhawk Advance, Leamington /
Atomhawk – Production /
Producers play a key role within the studio and are responsible for successfully planning, monitoring, and delivering large-scale creative projects to schedule and budget. This specific role will focus on the management of assets from Technical Art to Animation, and as such experience and knowledge of Technical Art and Animation, pipelines would be advantageous.
This is a dynamic role that requires an enthusiastic and persuasive communicator, capable of dealing with a wide variety of clients, internal staff, and external partners. They are comfortable with all degrees of ownership, from project qualification and brief-writing to providing feedback and quality control of work when required.
The successful candidate will thrive in a challenging and ever-changing environment where daily deadlines are handled with confidence. They must be adept at supporting high-quality client service regardless of team, schedule, or budget and feel comfortable working with leading industry Art Directors, Discipline Directors and Producers at global entertainment companies.
For this role, we are encouraging remote applications. Given the nature of the work a local timezone to the UK would be a benefit but not essential. For those wanting to work in a physical office, we can currently offer in-studio work in one of our UK studios..
Skills and Experience:
- Game Development experience (knowledge of Technical Art and Animation pipelines would be advantageous)
- A solid understanding of creative processes and project management.
- A proven ability to be able to motivate and positively engage the people you work with.
- Able to handle complex technical art and technical animation projects.
- Expected to run daily stand-ups with the technical art, animation and management teams.
- Expected to run internal project briefings.
- Has a good understanding of project management methodologies and processes.
- Proficient in project planning.
- Proposes mitigation plans for identified risks and problems.
- Works with minimal supervision or direction and makes sound judgments and decisions.
- Fluent in MS Project and Office.
- Has a passion for client service and proven ability to maintain long-term client relationships.
- Proactively identify growth opportunities with existing clients.
- Acts as a primary point of contact and support for clients.
- Ability to qualify project enquiries from new and existing clients.
- Negotiate project scope/time/cost with clients in order to accommodate their needs.
- Effectively and professionally run client calls and on-site and off-site visits.
- Self-motivator, able to work under their own initiative.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Visit clients at their studio, from time to time.
- A proven ability to identify opportunities for account growth with existing clients and sell ideas in a non-pushy way.
- Experience in using and managing CRM systems.
- From a creative services or technical art/animation background, ideally with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Degree/HND qualification in a related subject or equivalent work experience.
- An interest in video games, art, films, and entertainment technology.
- General understanding of game-specific art development processes.
Atomhawk produces the very best in cutting-edge creative conceptualisation, visualisation, and realisation. Our client list includes major names - Warner Bros, Sony, Microsoft, SEGA, Activision, 2K, EPIC, The Pokémon Company and Blizzard all feature. And we like variety. Every project is different from the last. The spectrum covers gritty, hard-hitting Mortal Kombat, irreverent and stylised Surgeon Simulator 2, comic book superheroes, nostalgic childhood favourites and all things in between. Whichever franchise is on today’s agenda - DC, Halo, Marvel, Mortal Kombat and Warhammer - we move through their worlds with ease and creative curiosity.
The work our team produces is world-class. We’ve celebrated that fact in three artbooks. Each one features concept art, tutorials and professional tips. Volume 3 was created to mark the studio’s 10th anniversary, and was displayed and sold at the Great North Museum: Hancock in Newcastle, where we held the exhibition Other Worlds: The Art of Atomhawk in 2020. You can take a virtual tour of the exhibition here.
Our output hasn’t gone unnoticed. We received Best Companies’ 3 Star Accreditation 2021 and Top Companies North East 2021. We hold the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, as well as the TIGA Star Award 2021. We were also named Best Art/Animation/Trailer Supplier at the 2021 Develop Star Awards.
Creativity thrives through diversity, not conformity. Every Atomhawk applicant and employee is afforded space and freedom to be their true self, with no fear of prejudice or persecution. During the application process, you won’t be judged on your name, your gender, your sexuality, your ethnicity, your age, your religion, or any other factor unrelated to your ability to do the job.
As well as having the chance to work on some incredible projects, Atomhawk offers a unique environment for those wanting to be surrounded by like-minded creative people. We have one of the largest in-house teams of specialist digital artists in the world, providing a collaborative community that works, develops and socialises together.
Atomhawk provides structured career development and training pathways for staff at all levels. We offer flexible working hours and a strict ‘No-Crunch’ culture, meaning overtime is not required within the art team.
Atomhawk is part of Sumo Group Ltd, one of the UK’s leading videogame developers.