Outsource Manager (Content Specialist)
Sumo Sheffield /
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
We are looking for a proactive, highly motivated and production focused Outsource Manager. You will help build relationships with our teams, existing external partners and new partners. The Content Specialist is expected to with a background in Art or Design Management and demonstrable experience in setting up large external content teams with clear workflows at multiple providers.
Within your new role your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work with internal teams to understand their current and future requirements around resources.
- Engage with our current vendors, particularly ones that we want to develop, to understand availability, opportunities and challenges and help them understand what we need.
- Identify and qualify potential new partners and build a portfolio that gives us coverage and depth across the disciplines and expertise that the studios need now and in the future.
- Work with the teams to ensure that they have created an environment where partners will always be set up for success throughout the lifecycle of the relationship.
- Ensure delivery of the current project, but also think ahead and retain key talent working with our business.
- Represent Sumo development us and our mission: We pride ourselves on being good partners with a passion for delivering great games with great talent.
Your secondary responsibilities would be:
- Gather knowledge from internal and external sources how to constantly improve distributed game development.
- Coordinate with the team on addressing vendor gaps, training requirements and specific work needs.
- Help facilitate the transition of people between different studios.
- Improve our cross departmental processes to minimize friction and help constantly improve the end-to-end experience for everyone.
- Improve our data around outsourcing, capturing and presenting key information, work in our CRM system and streamline reporting and metrics gathering.
To be successful in your new role you will need:
- Industry experience at multiple game/entertainment/media studios.
- Demonstrable understanding of art production techniques and content creation best practices that work at scale.
- Strong knowledge of the outsource market with a network of established relationships.
- Previous experience evaluating and determining outsource vendors and the relevant due diligence.
- Demonstrable experience of project management, business development, relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge in game production design process and methodology
- Effective communication skills, particularly an ability to understand how to communicate with different people, cultures and agendas and bring them together.
- Experience in contract negotiations, onboarding and development lifecycle best practices.
What We Offer:
· Annual Bonus
· Share Incentive Plan
· Competitive Pension
· Flexible Working
· 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
· 5 Learning Days
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
· Game & Book Libraries
· Wrap Parties
· Alternative Travel Prize Draw
· The Sumo GameJam
· Big Family Events
· Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
· Life Drawing
· Yoga Classes
· Free fruit and drinks
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Career Development
· Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Life Assurance 4x Salary
· Income Protection of 75%
· Relocation Support to the UK
· Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More About The Sumo Sheffield Studio:
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.