Senior Character Artist - SUMO INDIA
Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Role @ Sumo
Do you see yourself as a Senior Character Artist?
What's your passion? Is it playing video games, working doodling/creating art work? -- if that's your answer, then we at SUMO are interested in YOU.
Sumo Video Games Pune, India is looking for passionate senior character artist who aspire to create realistic & stylized game characters alongside the Sumo UK Studios and help bring life to game world of some of the world class AAA projects on major consoles.
The ideal candidate should have a striking portfolio demonstrating an exceptional eye for detail, creative flair, up to date knowledge and experience with hi-res sculpting to game mesh workflow, PBR pipeline, and current game editor experience such as Unreal.
They should be eager to learn and develop their skills alongside some of the best character artist in India and the UK, to deliver high quality art work.
Within this role you will:
- Create high quality realistic and stylized in game characters
- Should have good understanding of the human form/anatomy and structure/silhouette
- Sculpt and Model High and low polygon assets and texture them through the PBR pipeline
- Ensure created characters follow the given art direction, and are within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications
- Create weapons, props and costumes needed to define the visual direction of game
- Creating hair cards/fur and setting up shaders
- Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with project teams in the UK
We need you to have:
- excellent knowledge of 3D packages such as Max, Maya and Zbrush
- strong understanding of Anatomy
- strong understanding of current generation character creation workflows.
- thorough knowledge of PBR work flow and procedural software’s such as
- Substance Painter / designer and Quixel DDO
- Ability to adapt to various art styles
- Strong portfolio demonstrating in game character art work to very high standards
- Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- at least 4 years of experience creating characters for console games
- excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.