Red Kite Games, Leeds
Since its formation, Red Kite Games has been producing award-winning video games for a variety of different platform holders, studios and publishers. Specialising in complete multi-platform video games development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting edge video games.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite Games continues to deliver unrivalled creatively-led and technically proficient game development to the likes of Microsoft, Sony, 2K Games, Activision, SEGA and Codemasters.
Several high-profile titles include God of War III: Remastered, Crackdown 3, DiRT 4, Team Sonic Racing, Payday 2 (Switch) and Call of Duty: Strike Team.
It’s a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on several high profile video games for current gen and next gen platforms, we're also developing our own IP.
Come join the team and help to fly the Red Kite kite!
The role @ Red Kite Games
Red Kite are working on a variety of exciting games and has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced QA Lead Tester to strengthen, shape and lead our existing QA team.
In this role you will work in a dev/embedded capacity on a AAA title for a Next Gen Streaming Platform along with future titles. Working in the heart of the development environment, the successful candidate will play a key part in the development process by defining testing processes, supporting and mentoring the a small team of testers and helping the overall team achieve their target quality in design and implementation.
QA are genuinely embedded in our development teams and we are relying heavily on our testing team in order to be able to continue to achieve excellent results, therefore we consider this a key role for our mid-sized studio.
In your new role you will:
· Plan QA deliverable's and ensure coverage for all testing requests from all areas of development
· Define the testing processes to ensure fast and accurate qualitative and functional testing
· Provide personal support, mentoring, and professional development for testers
· Assist the recruitment team to recruit additional QA testers
· Review capacity of the team relating to the scope of the project
· Sign off on releases for production milestones
· Be a point of contact for all QA-related communication
· Be an advocate of QA throughout the organisation
· Liaise with external testing teams at our publishing partners
To be successful you will have:
· 4+ years’ experience within games dev/embedded testing, at least 2 of which in a senior or lead capacity
· Experience in shipping 2+ games on consoles, at least one of which in a lead or senior capacity
· Excellent leadership and communication skills
· A very high degree of flexibility and organisational skills
· A passion for games and their development
It would be an advantage if you have:
· An understanding of JIRA or similar bug tracking and project management software.
· Experience using UE4 editor
· Experience using Perforce VCS
· Experience using Agile development methodologies
Red Kite Games is located in central Leeds, a major European city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway and to the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford Airport. Leeds is a financial, legal, cultural and commercial centre within Yorkshire. It's home to some of the coolest restaurants, bars and museums in the north of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside, historic York and the Yorkshire coast.
Red Kite Games is a video games development studio with a highly experienced team of developers from a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds. Having collectively worked with a multitude of leading development studios on a variety of best-selling and critically acclaimed video games, the Red Kite team is uniquely placed with both experience and expertise.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out of office events such as our legendary Red Kite summer parties plus our epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular social gatherings, games nights, team breakfasts make this a great place to build a career and genuine friendships with your colleagues. In addition, the diversity of projects and our highly experienced core team enables us to offer an unrivalled ability to develop rewarding careers as well as great games.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other.