Producer - THE CHINESE ROOM, BRIGHTON
The Chinese Room, Brighton /
The Chinese Room has established a reputation as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK. We’re proud to be internationally recognised as pioneers of storytelling with a flair for creating atmospheric, rich and imaginative games.
As a Sumo Digital studio, The Chinese Room is built on passion, on finding amazing people and letting them shine. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon. If this sounds like a place where you’d like to make games, then we’d love to hear from you.
The role @ The Chinese Room
You will work with management, production and the development team to identify key project information and metrics, then develop and run processes to extract, collate, maintain and then objectively communicate relevant information to all stakeholders. Their goal will be to assure successful project delivery, measurably drive quality and increase efficiency by providing accurate and up-to-date project information.
Within this role you will:
- Develop, maintain, track and analyse project schedules and capacity information for all project teams
- Participate in and drive project planning sessions
- Maintain a project history, deliver reports and risk registers and own the project change process
- Liaise with senior staff to understand KPI requirements and deploy processes to track and surface required information
- Analyse project information and highlight problems, escalate critical issues and develop scenario options and opportunities
- Enforce team processes that are critical for the success of the PM function
To be successful you will have:
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability
- Around 3 years’ experience working in similar roles in the games, software or related industries
- A track record of successful completed projects
- An understanding of a wide range of project management concepts, tools and approaches and an ability to tailor methods to meet the requirements of the team
- A passion for technology, entertainment and understanding of technical and creative concepts
- An open and flexible mindset, with strong communication skills
- A degree-level education with strong maths ability
- Experience of MS Project and an in-depth working knowledge of Excel
- Experience of Team Foundation Server (aka VSTS / AzureDev Ops) desirable
- Knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies – formal project management qualification/training and Scrum Certification desirable
Our titles include the ground-breaking Dear Esther (2012), cult horror Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (2013), the VR fairy-tale So Let Us Melt (2017) and the open-world adventure Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (2015), a PlayStation 4 exclusive that won major awards across the world. This included an amazing 10 BAFTA nominations and 3 BAFTA wins.
We bring our passion and commitment to creating exciting original games to a network of studios renowned for quality and expertise. Being part of the Sumo team enables us to expand and grow in ambition and confidence, taking our reputation for storytelling into new genres. Our most recently announced game, Little Orpheus, is an Apple Arcade exclusive and we’re working on other unannounced ‘AAA’ titles that will further establish our award-winning style and reputation.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out of office events such as our legendary Sumo ‘Big Day Out’, plus epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - winning concepts can go on to commercial release, so far including Snake Pass and the upcoming Spyder for Apple Arcade.
The Chinese Room is located in Brighton in the south of England, home to an amazingly vibrant game development scene and a cultural hotspot with fantastic food, arts, music, shopping and sports. The studio is directly opposite a gorgeous park and we’re only a short hop from the city centre, the beach, and the South Downs National Park. Gatwick Airport is only half an hour away from train, and you can be in central London in just over an hour. It’s an easy place to love!
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand-new team, and creating a studio culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other.