Photovoltaic Energy Analyst
Sunfolding is fueling the future of smart solar by designing simpler solar trackers that move our world forward. Our simply smarter approach infuses every decision we make.
This position will work closely with the Sunfolding Product Management team to find a simply smarter approach to plant performance. This plant performance optimization will involve numerical modeling, experimental design and setup, data analysis, and presenting results to various audiences internally and externally.
An ideal candidate will have a balance of creativity, interpersonal skills, dependability, a rigorous engineering background, with the ability and desire to take the solar industry beyond where it is today.
Sunfolding offers a desirable salary, excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage, 401K, and access to our in-house 2500 sq. ft modern prototyping shop.
Required Skills & Experience
- Understanding of the interpretation of PV IV curves
- Understanding of module performance based on light, temperature, and load
- Ability to model cell, module, and string performance based on single diode and/or other models
- Experience with load cells and test equipment to measure energy yield in the field
- Ability design experiments to look at changes in performance
- Ability to setup long term energy experiments - including specifying equipment, setting up equipment, collecting data, and analyzing data
- Deep understanding of NREL solar position model
- Experience with numerical energy models as well as industry standard tools (PVSYST, SAM, and Plant Predict)
- Understanding and experience with bifacial modules and the various cell architectures
- Ability & desire for hands on development work in the lab and in the field
- Understanding of NFPA70
- Knowledge of use of wireless technologies in PV applications
- Knowledge of modules, trackers, fixed tilt, and inverters.
- Travel as needed to test sites
- Knowledge of electrical safety at PV sites