Pneumatics and Controls Engineer
San Francisco, California
Sunfolding is fueling the future of smart solar by designing simpler solar trackers that move our world forward. Our simply smarter approach infuses every decision we make.
Together, our team is taking an entirely new approach to solar tracking, including work on novel actuators made from mass-manufactured polymers, innovative pneumatic systems as replacement to traditional mechanical drives, and rugged integrated controls to drive, test, and collect data for solar installations.
You will support our team in development and validation of Sunfolding’s pneumatic and controls equipment, primarily focused on mechanical design of pneumatics and controls hardware using SolidWorks.
An ideal candidate will have a balance of creativity, interpersonal skills, dependability, a rigorous engineering background, with the ability and desire to build high performance machines that last for decades.
We offer a desirable salary, excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage, 401K, and access to our in-house 2500 sq. ft modern prototyping shop.
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in SolidWorks or other 3D mechanical CAD program
- Understanding of mechanical drawing, dimensioning, and GD&T, and ability to prepare the same
- Fabrication of prototype and test components to drawings or sketches
- Ability to travel in order to test and debug validation and customer sites
- Bonus Credit: Understanding of Python, LabVIEW, or other test-oriented programming
- Bonus Credit: Machining or fabrication experience, especially with pneumatics
- Bonus Credit: Software test experience
- 1-2 years experience, especially in hands-on prototyping
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.