San Francisco, California
Quality and Reliability
As a Test Engineer, you will be responsible for quantifying and communicating the reliability of all product components.
You will collaborate with your team and the Product Development team to define test standards, develop test methodologies, and execute and perform tests.
This position will report to the Quality and Reliability Lead.
Ideal candidate will demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Creativity in problem solving
- Understanding of accelerated lifetime testing and failure analysis
- Written and oral communication skills to convey information to technical and non-technical colleagues and external audiences
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Knowledge of mechanics of materials
- Understanding of polymer properties, test methods and characterization
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop test methods, design test fixtures, and determine acceptance criteria for component qualification tests
- Design and create hardware and software to automate appropriate tests
- Analyze data and write test reports and/or whitepapers communicating results
- Perform failure analysis and determine corrective actions
- Design and perform experiments to support engineering optimize new designs
- Work with external test labs and resources required for verification and validation of product
Education & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in reliability engineering
- Bachelors in mechanical engineering, materials engineering, or related field