Operations – SPRI Regional Operations, West /
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
Summary of Role:
This position is responsible for completing residential solar service and warranty work. They support the Sr. Service Technician on warranty repair projects, service troubleshooting, completing service calls and problem resolution. Individuals applying for the Service Technician role must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the completion of all residential service and warranty related work with focus on safety, quality, and customer experience
- Troubleshoot and resolve residential solar warranty and service issues that arise from modules, monitoring, storage and balance of system components
- Investigate, mitigate and repair reported roof leaks
- Complete Field Service Requests and submit documentation
- Participate in regular meetings/provide feedback/contribute to Root Cause Corrective Actions
- Support training and onboarding of new hires
- Assist with installs, inspections, and site surveys
- Support tasks and initiatives as directed by operations leadership
- Ability to work with smart devices, gather information, and upload into system
- Operate and maintain electrical service vehicles and equipment
- High School diploma
- 1-3 years of applicable electrical construction and solar experience
- Knowledge of NEC electrical codes and standards as well as local requirements
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Willingness to learn about new technologies and energy storage systems
- Valid state or local Electrical Journeyman’s License preferred, depending on state requirements
- OSHA 30 Certification
- College degree
- Strong understanding of NEC codes, especially residential PV installations
- Experience with installing and monitoring of micro inverters
- Exposure to energy storage and backup systems
- NABCEP certification
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to traverse/maneuver job site and survey/assess all aspects of the construction process for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb a ladder onto a roof, walk across a roof, and install equipment to roof safely
- Work in outdoor conditions: inclement weather, heat and humidity, cold and freezing temperatures, and exposure to poisonous plants, insects, and allergens
- May be exposed to energized electrical equipment/construction chemicals and will be required to take appropriate precautions.
- Employee may handle work equipment and be required to lift, move and install materials up to 50+ pounds
- Noise level is moderate but varies depending on location
- Able to use and learn standard construction equipment/technology with proficiency
- Typical work hours are M-F in 8-hour shifts, potential weekends
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and own a registered insured personal vehicle to travel between job sites – no use of motorcycles or scooters during business hours
- Visual acuity to drive motor vehicles/mobile equipment/read printed and electronic documents
- Hearing capacity to receive, perceive, and react to common driving/construction environment noises
- Visual acuity to distinguish wiring colors
- Hearing capacity to receive, perceive, and react to verbal commands/warnings
- Note: This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- For roles on client/customer property:
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and a driving history report
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.