New Homes AP Coordinator
Remote, USA /
Operations – New Homes Operations /
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
Summary of Role:
SunPower’s New Home division is growing rapidly and deploying for the first time in new markets nationwide. We are looking for an Accounts Payable (AP) Coordinator to help grow our business unit. The role of the New Homes AP Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as subject matter expert in all NH payment processes - first escalation path for all PO/payment issues, primary PO/payment troubleshooter
- Point person for enrolling vendors in Oracle and provides ongoing support:
- Helps vendors/IPs gain access to and submit invoices in iSupplier
- Submits requests to customer master team to update NH vendor and IP details as needed to ensure timely payment
- Responsible for communicating our accounting/administrative processes and providing training when needed
- Tracks and ensures all NH vendor POs are requested, approved, and filled with adequate funds to cover recurring invoices
- Tracks regular vendor invoice due dates and ensures invoices are paid on time to prevent service stoppages
- Owns the PO accrual process for all NH vendor POs
- Updates IP fee distributions in SFDC – submits digital cases
- Conducts quarterly audit of IP POs for accuracy
- Leads complex PO reconciliation projects and drives resolution
- Helps identify gaps in payment related processes and drives improvement/opportunities for digital automation
- Assists Accounting and Compliance Manager in creating and documenting IP pricing controls for internal and external audits
- Responsible for driving response to requests for payment updates from partners
- Potential to step into a project management function for new product roll outs in support of the NH Accounting and Compliance Manager
- Works directly with offshore accounting team and leads weekly meeting
- Minimum two years in an accounting or administrative role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Detail oriented with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple stakeholders
- Ability to independently troubleshoot complex payment issues
- Proactive self-starter willing to identify recurring problems & drive process improvement
- Experience in solar or single-family residential construction
- Proficiency in Salesforce (SFDC)
- Experience with Oracle accounting software and iSupplier
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.