Junior Account Executive, Talent & Influencer Integration
New York, NY /
Public Relations – Talent Integration /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for a Junior Account Executive based out of our New York office on our Talent & Influencer Integration Team. The ideal person for this role is someone who can develop trusting relationships quickly. You have a creative and inventive voice and an opinion that matters (and you’re not afraid to voice it). “You have a pulse on the latest talent and influencer trends” – (everyone says this but it’s true). You consider yourself an expert in both social media and on all the current talent/influencers out there.
- Willingness and an interest to soak it all in; learn the ins and outs of integrated communications (talent/influencer integration, media relations, social media, creative and brand integration).
- Assisting in developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
- Drafting, editing and proofreading talent/influencer materials including travel itineraries, creative briefs, client materials, memos, agendas, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
- Scheduling and providing logistical support for client meetings.
- Supporting senior managers in achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4 – 6).
- Monitoring news cycles and flagging latest “pop culture moments”, competitor news, for clients.
- Creating and maintaining lists! Lots of lists: talent/influencer contact lists (to build relationships with new representatives and contacts), well-researched talent recommendation lists, status documents and others.
- Communicating effectively with senior staff on status of requested tasks and projects.
- Assisting in planning and executing talent/influencer-focused events including influencer events
- Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Support administration of accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports, budget trackers, etc.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 2+ years of experience in this industry (communications, entertainment, politics, public relations, etc.) If you don’t, we’re open to hearing you out.
- You are eager and open to learning all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick! (Also, must support the oxford comma.)
- Your research skills are ones to beat.
- You are eager to network and build connections in the entertainment industry – the natural charmer you are can become best buds with ANYONE!
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don’t be uncool :)
You don’t HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
- Previous experience working with teams in multiple locations (New York, DC, Austin, etc.)
- Experience work with a project manager on an integrated communications teams (assisting with talent integration, media relations, social media, creative, brand integration
- Interests beyond influencer – we never like to stay in our lanes here and particularly like to combine entertainment and social good
- Previous experience using talent/influencer research tools like Celebrity Intelligence, IMDb Pro, HYPR
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.