Senior Account Executive, Events & Entertainment PR
Los Angeles, CA
Communications – Entertainment /
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We are looking for a smart, scrappy, hardworking Senior Account Executive to join our bi-coastal events and entertainment media relations team. The ideal candidate has organized and worked on media relations for events such as awards shows, sporting events, concerts, festivals and nonprofit galas and fundraisers. They have credentialed media and have a track record of placing tune-in and feature stories for events. This candidate must have entertainment media relationships -- from People Magazine to Access Hollywood - and they must know who to pitch and how to get them to show up and cover the event. You’re a self-starter and you’re able to work collaboratively on client accounts. You are exceptionally detail-oriented, you’re a creative thinker and can expertly multi-task across several projects on the backend. You’re an excellent writer and verbal communicator. Your media diet includes outlets like Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline and you have a social media feed full of actors, directors, musicians and athletes.
They know the ins and outs of events – specifically the media relations aspect -- but also how to develop strategic campaigns, cultivate out-of-the-box ideas, rethink traditional concepts, drive engagement online and offline, coordinate logistics with media and partners, and establish opportunities for brands, talent and influencers to participate and support. They are passionate about bringing entertainment moments to life and they understand how to work with talent, partners, vendors, and other teams without skipping a beat.
In addition to events, the candidate will also work on larger entertainment, nonprofit and lifestyle clients, so it’s important that they be curious, open-minded and willing to demonstrate their capabilities. They see this as a challenge and opportunity to grow their skills.
You Should Apply If:
- You have at least 4 years of experience working in an agency setting or relevant industry
- You have experience working events and working in entertainment
- You have a growing list of relationships with entertainment and consumer media
- You are comfortable working on an account with team members in other offices/geographies
- You are a skilled and highly-organized project manager
- You are incredibly organized and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary.
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- Writing pitches and press releases, drafting media materials; handle incoming press requests in a timely manner.
- Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4-6).
- Pitching, attending and covering red carpets, premieres and other live events.
- Maintaining current knowledge of trends in entertainment, lifestyle and culture arena.
- Brainstorming and developing pitch angles and press ideas that are creative, out of the box, and show our value as communications experts.
- Responding to client requests and ensuring requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Executing integrated media and communications strategies for events.
- Developing impactful and trusting relationship with clients.
- Partnering and collaborating with colleagues throughout the agency on integrated (and bi-coastal) accounts.
- Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of PR, media relations, and overall client management.
$67,500 - $75,000 a year
Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus eligibility and benefits (more below)
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you’re looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.