Account Manager, Tech PR
Los Angeles, CA /
Public Relations – Tech & B2B /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for an Account Manager in our New York office. This role will work across media and technology clients. It’s yours if you are passionate about your work and are cool and calm under pressure. You have an extensive media network and excel at managing client account teams. You’re the type of person who can read a room well, you know when you command and own it and you also know when you take a step back. This is a role for someone who has a specific interest in tech and B2B, experience with tech companies and start-ups. You have TechCrunch, WIRED, and Adweek bookmarked on your browser and have a genuine opinion on the potential success of a recently launched start-up (we will ask)! If you (more often than not) catch yourself lost in a rabbit hole of forbes.com or Fast Company, you're it for us!
Account Managers are comfortable managing a small to medium sized account and sometimes larger accounts as the primary point person for the client but still needs someone senior for gut checking, oversight, setting the strategy, and high-level client meetings. They may lead and project manage a portion of larger accounts or lead smaller accounts.
They are proficient at understanding integrated communications and know how to get results, exceed client expectations, think creatively for a client, ensure the client and internal team are happy (both are equally important).
- Leading account teams and managing projects from start to finish.
- Developing, and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
- Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
- Creating, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
- Planning and executing media-specific events including influencer events and press conferences. Support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
- Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4 – 6).
- Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
- Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
- Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
- Proactively mentor and teach junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
- Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
You should apply if:
- You have at least 6 years working in PR, specific experience in media relations, technology, B2B comms, public relations, integrated media relations, strategic media planning.
- You’ve managed a client team with direct oversight for at least 1 year.
- You understand almost all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You have a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have great judgment and can make "the call" as needed.
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don’t be uncool 😉😉
You don’t HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
- Advertising, gaming, and VR experience would be such a coup!
- Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations
- You have an interest in progressive causes and campaigns
- You have digital integrated experience
- Previous experience using media research tools like Cision
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.