Account Director, Corporate Communications
New York, NY /
Communications – Corporate Communications /
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for an Account Director in our New York City office. You have an extensive media network and excel at managing client account teams. You are a go getter and a doer with great EQ and IQ with experience leading communications and marketing strategies, counseling clients and managing multiple teams. You are probably a PR specialist, but you understand how to counsel a client (or teammates) across the full spectrum of a client’s public facing persona including partnerships, social media and celebrities/influencers.
This is a role for someone who has a specific interest in helping drive corporate strategies and narratives, building the profiles of top CEOs and thought leaders, and having a seat at the table in building brands and pushing clients to exceed expectations. You have Fast Company, WSJ, TechCrunch, and Bloomberg bookmarked on your browser, but also want to work with some of the top minds across entertainment, social good and pop culture and be at the center of where all these things converge.
Our candidate is curious. While they will work on corporate clients, they are also likely to touch media companies, advertising agencies, entertainment, consumer and nonprofit accounts. They see this as a challenge and opportunity to grow their skills.
Our account directors lead accounts (no surprise there), counseling the client, providing fresh ideas, motivating the team, ensuring goals are being met and…they still pitch! Our agency is integrated, and our Account Directors frequently work on accounts that involve aspects of brand integration, influencer integration, digital strategy, etc. While we don’t expect you to be fluent in all of these areas, we anticipate that this will excite you!
- Leading account teams and managing projects from start to finish.
- Developing and executing comprehensive integrated media and communications strategies.
- Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
- Managing complex client issues and will see the client through stressful situations that will require thoughtful counsel.
- Leading new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Partnering and collaborating with senior level colleagues throughout the agency on integrated (and bi-coastal) accounts.
- Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of PR, media relations, and overall client management.
- Responding to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
You Should Apply If:
- You have at least 8 years working in PR, specific experience in media relations with a focus on corporate, technology and/or B2B comms.
- You’ve managed a team with direct oversight for at least 2 years (of those 8 mentioned above).
- You have demonstrated success in securing top-tier press placements that have an impact on the client’s bottom line.
- You know how to navigate financial stakeholders, thought leaders, and media.
- You are a strategic partner with internal and external stakeholders and can think outside the box to create insightful and impactful media moments.
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You believe yourself to be excellent at pitching new business – confidence is key!
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit
- You are incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
$95,000 - $102,000 a year
Salary commensurate with experience; plus benefits (below)
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you’re looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.