Talent Acquisition Specialist
New York, NY /
Public Relations – Admin /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our HR team. This role needs someone who is familiar with the public relations, media relations and overall communications industry. You are incredibly organized, energetic and quick to pick-up on the ethos of a business/company. You have a strong EQ, like meeting new people and discerning their best skills and area for growth. You also build rapport quickly and have an overall “can-do” attitude. It’s great if you have an interest in progressive social causes, up-to-date on current political events and, most importantly, are kind and collaborative. We are growing quickly and steadily. We have offices across the US so you’re comfortable coordinating interviews and meetings with different time zones!
- Sourcing and managing the talent pipeline for a network of talent at all levels (Assistant to Vice President) – from drafting, editing, updating and posting job descriptions to screening candidates for first rounds.
- Maintaining a steady pipeline of candidates and building relationships with candidates for future roles
- Coordinating and scheduling in-person, Zoom or phone interviews with hiring managers and working with assistants to schedule these with partners.
- Managing referrals from Sunshine Sachs employees
- Conducting reference check for potential candidates
- Drafting offer letters
- Staying up to date on latest trends within the public relations industry
- Managing, updating and organizing ATS
- Maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- At least 2 years of recruiting experience with tangible hiring metrics on-hand – either in-house or a staffing agency
- You are incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- You have a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize as needed (if you don’t, you’re not afraid to ask!)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and knowledge of general administrative responsibilities
- You value punctuality and find that if you’re on-time, you’re late.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- You have an interest in what’s going on in the world in politics and the social arena
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.