Senior Account Director, Lifestyle
New York, NY /
Public Relations – Lifestyle /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic and determined media relations Senior Account Director to join our lifestyle team in New York. The ideal candidate is passionate about beauty, ranging from mass to prestige, and will have experience brand-building, launching campaigns, elevating the experts behind the formulations and putting their brands at the forefront of emerging trends. They will know which brands resonate on YouTube vs. Instagram and when a print feature makes all the difference. They will have a point of view about how Gen Z beauty standards are changing the industry and how DTC models are disrupting the traditional beauty landscape.
Our candidate is curious. While they will work on beauty, they are also likely to touch health, wellness and other lifestyle accounts. They see this as a challenge and opportunity to grow their skills.
Our account directors lead accounts (no surprise there), counseling the client, providing fresh ideas, motivating the team, ensuring goals are being met and…they still pitch!
Our agency is integrated, and our Account Directors frequently work on accounts that involve aspects of brand integration, influencer integration, digital strategy, etc. While we don’t expect you to be fluent in all of these areas, we anticipate that this will excite you!
Core Skills & Responsibilities
A great Account Director truly excels at leading client accounts. They show tremendous leadership potential at the company. They are a positive influence, a team player, patient teachers and mentors to junior staff. They empower junior staff and help them grow. They are honest with themselves and upper management about their work. They have good instincts and challenge the team to think bigger. They are creative and push their account teams and the company to do better and think out of the box. They are solutions-oriented. They understand their clients’ business goals and are constantly mapping back to ensure our work is directly having an impact on them. They are not afraid to push back and challenge a client if the direction being given won’t result in the ROI they are looking for.
They delegate respectfully and effectively to junior staff. They are clear about deadlines, roles and responsibilities and expectations.
- Eager to network and continue building relationships across a wide range of media
- Inclusive, welcoming, honest, kind, empathetic, professional, mature.
You Should Apply If
- You have 7 years working in an agency setting or relevant industry (i.e. fashion, beauty, health, luxury, lifestyle public relations, integrated media relations, and strategic media planning.)
- You have established relationships with media
- You are comfortable leading an account with team members in other offices/geographies
- You are a skilled and highly-organized project manager
- You see and set big picture strategy at a higher level
- You live by the “we, not me” mentality
- You maintain a strong network of media contacts and has a track record of placing strategic high level stories
- You are able to manage a team of 2-5 people and developing them in their careers
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
You Don't HAVE to have this, but it would be nice:
- Interests beyond fashion and beauty – we never like to stay in our lanes here and see facets of niche industries where they never existed before (documentaries, tech, experiential museums, etc.)
- Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.