Account Executive, Tech & Start Up PR
San Francisco, CA /
Public Relations – Tech & Start Up /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for an Account Executive in our growing Tech & Start Up practice. You’ve been doing this for a bit (about 3-4 years or so) and are looking for your next challenge and opportunity. This is a role for someone who has a specific interest in technology and experience with tech companies and start-ups. You have TechCrunch, WIRED, and Adweek bookmarked on your browser and have a genuine opinion on the potential success of a recently launched start-up (we will ask)! If you (more often than not) catch yourself lost in a rabbit hole of Fast Company, you're it for us!
- Assist in conceptualizing public relations and marketing strategies and ensuring that quality and relevant coverage is executed
- Conducting thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
- Drafting, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
- Conducting client media monitoring and developing media coverage/placement and analysis reports
- Creating and maintaining media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts
- Scheduling and providing logistical support for client meetings
- Assist in planning and executing media-specific events including media dinners, influencer events, and press events. Organize for media to attend events and provide media with on-site assistance.
- Supporting senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4-6).
- Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
- Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
- Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner
- Providing administrative support to accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports, budget trackers, and updating press kits.
- Proactively mentoring and teaching junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
You Should Apply If:
- You have about 3-4 years of experience in public relations
- You are eager and understand all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You have a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re willing to work select evenings, weekends and travel – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- You understand that we're in a relationship business. How you treat your co-workers, your clients, and the media matters!
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.