Account Manager, Lifestyle
Los Angeles, CA /
Public Relations – Lifestyle /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for an Account Manager in our Los Angeles Office. This role will work bi-coastally across health & wellness and hospitality clients, among other sectors in the lifestyle space. This is a role for someone who has about 6 years of industry experience and a fueled passion for all things new and interesting in the space--from the latest workouts to the emerging LA wellness trends that are about to go mainstream and the re-emergence of post-pandemic travel.
Your media diet includes varied outlets like Travel and Leisure, Skift, Well & Good, Bloomberg, The Points Guy and you have a social media feed full of influencers, fitness studios, travel destinations and bucket list restaurants. You have experience with launches, know how to spot and pitch a trend, and find yourself wondering, "Can I pay for my vacation with Bitcoin?", "How do I astral project?", "Are all my friends micro-dosing?" or "How will indoor agriculture change the concept of seasonality in the culinary world?".
Still with us? Great! If you're cool as a cucumber under pressure and exude natural gravitas in a room, keep reading!
- Leading national and local fashion, beauty and lifestyle campaigns that touch various client teams (including consumer, non-profit, corporate, etc.)
- Developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies that include taking complex issues and packaging them for general consumer.
- Considered a thought-leader of sorts, for the agency and clients.
- Managing complex client issues and will see the client through stressful situations that will require thoughtful counsel.
- Leading client accounts and conduct media trainings for Sunshine Sachs clients, top executives and celebrities.
- Partnering and collaborating with SADs and VPs throughout the agency on integrated (and bi-coastal) accounts.
- Leading new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of current policies, social good movements and campaigns, PR, media relations, and overall work approach. This is incredibly important to us!
- Responding to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Support administration of accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports and budget trackers.
You should apply if:
- You have at least 6 years working in PR, specific experience in communications, fashion, beauty, health, luxury, lifestyle public relations, integrated media relations, and strategic media planning.
- You have demonstrated success securing top-tier press placements that have an impact on the client’s bottom line.
- You are a strategic partner with internal and external stakeholders and can think outside the box to create insightful and impactful media moment.
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You have a well-rounded understanding of consumer/lifestyle/fashion/beauty marketing
- You believe yourself to be excellent at pitching new business – confidence is key!
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- You make friends wherever you go
You Should Apply If:
- Solid relationships in hospitality and a passion to build and grow business in this space.
- Interests beyond fashion and beauty – we never like to stay in our lanes here and see facets of niche industries where they never existed before (documentaries, tech, experiential museums, etc.)
- Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.